Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Rg. watermarks    

Rg. watermarks

aliciapc
Uruguay

Rg. watermarks

As ignorant as I may sound, I �ve a question . I �ve seen ws with clipart which have a watermark in the website but have no watermark in  the ws.  Does this mean the person who did that ws bought them and that �s why they are not marked?
Can they still be used ? Thank you for clarifying that.
Good week to all !

18 Oct 2010      

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Yes, if someone pays for the images, they are not watermarked. But even then there can be a problem. There are sites you can buy images from, but only for your own use, re-distribution is not allowed. And even fair-use (as some like to talk about) doesn �t have to apply. 

18 Oct 2010     

zailda
Brazil

There are wss with watermarked clipart, that were uploaded before the new rules. The old wss (uploaded before the new rules) are to be reported only if they are copies.

Of course the members who have watermarked pictures in old wss should update them, changing for free ones, if possible. Depending on the number of wss a member has it may take some days or ages.

I agree that some sites don �t allow the use of their pics in wss even if we pay for them, but it �s too much work to check site by site. I understand that as moderators of this site we have to report and remove the worksheets infringing THIS site rules and not the others because other sites also have a moderators � system, and as we do when we find ESL Printables worksheets elsewhere, they are in charge of contacting the member infringing THEIR rules or the webmaster.

We don �t have the duty to moderate other sites. If we keep our house clean and everybody does the same, everything will be OK.

18 Oct 2010     

aliciapc
Uruguay

Thank you both !

18 Oct 2010