Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > worksheet removed    

worksheet removed

Fezinho
Portugal

worksheet removed

I don �t get it...
one of my worksheets has been removed, because they say it is a copy of a Portuguese course book. I know that!! I even mentioned it next to the worksheet. According to what I �ve read, one can do a copy as long as the source is mentioned. I �ve seen it done before. Why has mine been removed??? (I think it �s still very useful, even when it �s a copy... we can share material we would have no chance of sharing, if no one uploaded it... How would I ever exchange material with teacher �s from Brazil, New Zealand etc etc...)

21 Oct 2010      

Fezinho
Portugal

Know I know!:
I found the answer:
"You can use texts from other websites or books in your worksheets if you add your own exercises or activities (For example, reading comprehension questions, etc). Please don �t take texts from other ESL websites or books, it would be unfair. "
Cry

21 Oct 2010     

tatianalysenko
Belarus

Well, send the message to them!!! I did it myself because I had a similar problem! I made the worksheet MYSELF and the next day I found it �d been removed! WHY? WHY? WHY? I haven �t got their answer yet! I understand you very well and I �m really sorry to us both!

21 Oct 2010     

readmylips
Philippines

so did  i.......keep on checking  ... sending....waiting  but  no one replies.....how  come  ypu removed  the worksheet without even  bothering  to explian  the reason why  it was removed...... waited  for the  worksheet  to appear .. according to the letter you sent me it  would be posted  the  next day once  you re done checking....but it turned out  nothing has  been posted nor informed why  it wasnt put back in the first place... would  be very  glad to hear from you soon....thanks!

21 Oct 2010     

zailda
Brazil

Hi!

I �m not sure about, but members who had their worksheets removed said they received a notification from the site "your worksheet has been removed because it infringed the site rules" or the like.

In fact anyone with a certain amount of points is able to report, and the worksheet goes to the reporting page, where the site moderators check and comment the worksheet. We also vote it either to stay or to go, after analyzing the worksheet.

Moderating is a task for members with 5,000 points or more. Some moderators used to send PM �s to the members whose worksheets were at the reporting page (I myself did it in the past) but most of the times the reply consisted of nasty messages and insults as if the blame for a ws infringing the rules / being reported was ours, and not the member �s or the reporter �s.

I �m one of the moderators that feel tired of insults in return from our willing to help.

I suggested in the past that the member who had a worksheet removed also received a notification containing all the comments on the worksheet when it was at the reporting page, but wise moderators advised me that it would lead us to heated disputes and accusations from side to side.

When I used to be an active moderator I also posted a message on the forum to give some directions to members (not mentioning names) but providing some examples of worksheets that had been removed. I also used to be crucified by members & moderators who told me to "get a life", mind my own business and all sort of nasty public accusations or through PM �s. I also had many times the unpleasant experience of waking up and logging in here just to see someone had started a thread on the forum with my name, asking me why I had removed his worksheet.

So the only thing I can suggest by now is to read the rules carefully before uploading and in case you know a moderator here (someone with 5,000 points or more), ask him through PM the reason your ws was reported.

I (and some others) won �t take the blame for other person �s actions anymore, and as people have the strange habit of crucifying the person who brings the bad news (because they can �t find the author of their misfortune to blame, or they are the authors, actually), I refrain from giving any bad news to someone. I only reply the ones who send me a PM asking about their reported wss.

Have a nice day.

21 Oct 2010     

David Lisgo
Japan

Tatiana

Your worksheet has been reported because it does not follow this rule "Your contributions must be 100% in English language." 

21 Oct 2010     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

OMG, have you EVER read the rules?! Because if you have, you could never ever ask such question on the forum. Shocked

So just the relevant part of it for you:

Contributions:

• You can get points by uploading printables, powerpoints, or online exercises.

• Your contributions must be 100% in English language.

• Your contributions must be your own creations. You can use free images from cliparts or other free sources. You can also use images that you have subscribed to and paid for.

• Worksheets containing watermarked cliparts are not allowed and will be removed from now on.

• Please, don �t use pictures taken from other ESL websites or books, even if you add your own exercises.

• If you have a worksheet that you didn �t make yourself (borrowed from a colleague teacher, for example) don �t send it. It might be taken from a website or book, and your account could be banned on account of it.

• You can use texts from other websites or books in your worksheets if you add your own exercises or activities (For example, reading comprehension questions, etc). Please don �t take texts from other ESL websites or books, it would be unfair.

The rest is here:
http://www.eslprintables.com/rulesofthewebsite.htm

21 Oct 2010     

Lina Ladybird
Germany

@Fezinho

I think it �s still very useful, even when it �s a copy... we can share material we would have no chance of sharing, if no one uploaded it...

Of course, it could be useful, however, would you like somebody else to upload your work as their own creation?? Wink Why should someone get points for something they didn �t make themselves? Does that sound fair to you? Not to me, sorry!!

However, the major reason why you cannot upload tasks from other ESL resources is that it�s a copyright infringement to do so!

I apologise in advance for saying this, but how come people are so naive to believe that they are allowed to copy other people �s work? Wacko Nobody wants their own work to be copied, but the other way round it�s OK???? I really don�t get that...

@tatianalysenko & readmylips

I guess Victor has too much to do to to be able to answer all the questions people keep sending him about reported and removed worksheets... PLEASE, bear in mind that he is the only person who deals with this kind of PM - no moderator is able to read your messages asking about the reasons for the removal of your worksheet!!

Tatiana, as David has pointed out already, your ws has been reported for the fact that it contains some Russian. Even though this part could be deleted easily, the rule is that wss must be 100 % in English, and 100 % means 100 % - not 95 %, sorry! ;))

Just upload your ws again and leave the Russian part out - everything should be OK then...

21 Oct 2010