Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > OT: DVDs working but no sound!    

OT: DVDs working but no sound!

colibrita
United Kingdom

OT: DVDs working but no sound!

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone have any idea why when I put some DVDs in my machine there �s a picture but no sound?!!  They �re genuine, not pirated by the way, in case you �re wondering. And the strange thing is that some DVDs when I put them in are absolutely fine. It �s driving me mad! I want to show my little one Toy Story and I can �t. Actually, there is some sound, some background music, but no sound for the dialogue. I imagine I have to go into setup and adjust something but it �s all gobbledygook to me!

Hope somebody can help. It �s driving me nuts!

Colibrita

25 Oct 2010      

chalco
France

Hi
Maybe it �s a question of zone : if you don �t buy your DVD in the same world zone, then you may have problems reading them at home.

25 Oct 2010     

colibrita
United Kingdom

I don �t think it �s that as I always buy European zone DVDs. But thanks Chalco.

25 Oct 2010     

douglas
United States

Sometimes the DVDs are bad.  Otherwise you can sometimes correct the problem by changing the language choice (English mono, with/without Dolby, etc.)

25 Oct 2010     

Lina Ladybird
Germany

Just bring the DVD back to the shop where you bought it and make a complaint! They can either give you a new one which you can then try out at home, or they can test the one you have now with one of their own DVD players. If it works properly in that shop, there must be a problem with your DVD player at home...

25 Oct 2010     

Zora
Canada

Probably because the DVDs don �t have the "Language" option. It may only be in Spanish or English and not in both.

Hugs,

25 Oct 2010     

colibrita
United Kingdom

Thanks for your help everyone but still no joy. They work fine on my computer though!

25 Oct 2010