Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Question     

Question

tatianalysenko
Belarus

Question

Dear friends! Could you answer one question? It occurred two times when my worksheet was removed and THEN returned by administrator. It was everything all right with worksheets, but nevertheless first time it was removed!!! I can �t understand who finds "mistakes" (in fact there are no mistakes!!!!) in worksheets. Does administrator checks them up according to site rules or IS IT DONE BY OTHER USERS who envy or anything else??? Thousand times I saw here worksheets that include other LANGUAGES besides ENGLISH....well but I will never tell about it to the administrator, because I know that EVERY WORKSHEET REQUIRES GREATEST EFFORTS, TIME,EXPERIENCE....

How do you think ABOUT IT? I �M REALLY INTERESTED IN YOUR OPINION!!!!!

25 Oct 2010      

Lina Ladybird
Germany

I think the answers to all your questions can be found in the rules of the website... Here �s an extract:

The moderators
  • Users with over 5000 points are moderators. This is a voluntary activity that you can participate in to help keep the website fair and clean.

• The moderators will review the contributions that have been reported by members, and confirm if they are against the rules or not.

• The moderators can also inform the administrator if there are forum posts that go against the rules.

• The activity of the moderators will be supervised by the administrator, who can decide to revoke the moderator privileges of anyone who does not moderate according to the rules.

I should add that every member with 30 points or more can report wss...

25 Oct 2010     

donapeter
Romania

Tatiana dear,

If you had the curiosity to read other people �s opinion about this particular topic , you could simply type: REPORTED WORKSHEET down this page. You would see this. 
This opinions can clarify all your doubts, questions, issues. 
As about envy.......who know...there can be such cases but.......look at Katiana or Alenka...they have thousands of points and nobody reports them. I guess there is no envy and jealousy although they have so many points. 
There are some rules regarding wss.......in teh RULES section . It says clearly: Your contributions must be 100% in English language. Even if the author made the biggest effort ever to create it. 

25 Oct 2010     

lshorton99
China

Tatiana

Worksheets may be reported by anyone with 30 points or more. The majority of these worksheets are reported because they, in some way, infringe upon the rules of this site which are clearly stated at the top of the page and which everyone had to read before signing up to this site. They are then reviewed by moderators who vote to decide if the reported contribution has, or has not, broken a rule. If it has, it will be removed by the site administrator (Victor). If not, it will be left on the site.

While there are cases where people have reported out of �envy � or revenge, these are thankfully fairly rare and the person doing the reporting is subject to penalties - they may even have their account cancelled. It �s obviously disappointing when someone does this but, considering the number of members here, I feel we are lucky that it does not happen more frequently. On the rare occasion when it does take place, the contribution is obviously kept on the site as the majority of moderators are fair and only trying to do their part in maintaining the integrity and quality of this site.

I would consider this site to be as fair as is possible when it comes to reporting contributions and, should your worksheet have been removed, it will be due to an infringement of some kind. Upon removal, you should be informed exactly which rule you have broken and know not to do it again. If you really feel that it has not been fair in any given situation, you are always welcome to contact Victor.

I �m glad you are honestly interested in the opinions of other members but, to be honest, everything you need to know is in the rules of the site. If you see a worksheet that is not 100% in English, you should report it because sites like these only work if everyone follows the rules. While one rule might not seem reasonable to you given the �efforts, time, experience � put into every worksheet, the majority of members are able to put in that work without breaking any rules. I �m sure there are sites that welcome multi-lingual worksheets, or those with copywritten images or texts from ESL resources - just not this one.

I �m beginning to feel that maybe Victor should put the rules section in flashing neon signs so that every time I log in, there is not yet another post about reported contributions.

Lindsey

25 Oct 2010     

tatianalysenko
Belarus

MANY THANKS, DEAR FRIENDS!!!! YOU ALL ARE OF THE GREATEST HELP FOR ME! ACTUALLY I UNDERSTOOD THE REASONS! AND ACTUALLY SOMETIMES WE ALL HAVE QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS WITH WORKSHEETS, BUT IN FACT I ADORE THIS SITE AND ADORE PEOPLE HERE!!!!�

25 Oct 2010