Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > ASTONISHING MESSAGE IN MY PM !    

ASTONISHING MESSAGE IN MY PM !

swissprof
Switzerland

ASTONISHING MESSAGE IN MY PM !

DEar Swissprof,

Can you pls help me?

I would like to become a premium user. Can you pls download my worksheets?

Thank you for your help!

Have a nice day!

Regards,

xxx

I am puzzled by this message  addressed to me personally !!! Have you often  got such a message, too ?

27 Oct 2010      

edrodmedina
United States

Yes I did and I think that that persons ws have beern removed or at least I have no access to them.

27 Oct 2010     

stexstme
France

I got the same message ( & understood from previous posts that we are not the only ones..)- I usually do not answer. I guess people just pick names on the Forum...

27 Oct 2010     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Yes, my dear - I do get them once, twice a month. Disapprove

Sometimes I just delete the message, but when there is something I don �t like, I send an adequate answer including my sincere assurance I will NOT download ws of someone who �s begging for points this way. Usually it works.Wink

Have a nice day, Michaela

27 Oct 2010     

Lina Ladybird
Germany

Dear swissprof,

I got the same message today and this is what I replied to that new member:

I can �t download any of your wss, because both of them have been reported for not following the rules of this website.

Your "XXX" contain copyrighted images from "XXX", and the crossword you uploaded is not your own work! You �ve copied it from XXX, which is not allowed...

PLEASE, UPLOAD YOUR OWN WORK ONLY!!

If you continue to contribute materials which are taken from other websites, your account here will be cancelled soon I �m afraid.

I strongly advise you to read the rules properly in order to avoid having more wss removed:

http://www.eslprintables.com/rulesofthewebsite.htm

Good luck and have a nice day - Ladybird

The good news is this user replied to me that she will follow the rules in the future! Wink

Best wishes - Silke

27 Oct 2010     

ELOJOLIE274
France

hi,
yes I did receive the same message, I checked that member �s ws and I reported one of her ws because it was not her own. I replied to her message - very politely I think - and told her why I had reported her work and that she could download tutorials and templates for free to improve her ws, but that uploading a work that was not hers was against the rules, and so was advertising her ws on the forum... it seems she has understood what she did wrong and won �t do it again hopefully!
have a nice day!!!
Elodie

27 Oct 2010     

zailda
Brazil

Living and learning...

Since I read Mena �s message on the forum, telling that she usually downloads wss from new users as a way to encourage them to keep contributing and enhancing their work, I �m trying to do the same because I �ve got tons of points I �ll never use anyway.

Of course I don �t download things I won �t use, but everything I feel I might use (even after adapting for my ss needs or vocabulary) I donwload and thank for.

I receive this kind of messages from time to time and I go to see what the newbie has that may interest me. If I find something I can use I download and thank the member.

But I never reply to those messages, I �ve got many on my inbox to answer already (sorry, I will!) and don �t have enough time to be that polite.

I think that we (old members, if I can already be classified under that category) should help newbies to get used to the site and the rules.

If I see something wrong with the newbie �s wss I send him a message explaining him that he has to update his work or someone will report it. I avoid reporting newbies � work before sending them a PM, even if some send me nasty messages in reply.

I know, I used to be more strict in the past but - as you can see for my first sentence - I �m trying to help more than report; advise more than punish. That �s my personal contribution for this place to be as friendly as possible.

Have a nice day!

27 Oct 2010     

Damielle
Argentina

Dear Swissprof,
I quite understand your point of view and your surprise. I �ve received this kind of messages many times since I became a member and got a great surprise at the beginning. Then, I became used to it and many times, as I saw that member production I realized that it was worth helping that person. One of the main contributors to this site, and dearest friend of mine, is one example of it.

But one thing that you may have clear in mind is that Victor has asked us not to post any private message on the forum no matter its content or its procedence.

Hope you understand my point.

warm hugs,
Dami

27 Oct 2010     

Lina Ladybird
Germany

Victor has asked us not to post any private message on the forum no matter its content or its procedence.

I thought about that, too... However, she didn �t mention the name of that person, so IMHO it should be OK. ;))

27 Oct 2010     

blunderbuster
Germany

I wrote her back that she should stop sending messages to random members .....I wonder why I was sent one, I wasn�t on the forum.....

27 Oct 2010     

MarionG
Netherlands

I also just told her it isn �t the idea of the website and that even worse, her worksheet was copied so she �d better remove it before it would get reported...
She replied apologizing for not reading the rules and promising improvement...

27 Oct 2010