Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Funny Gestures Video (or Video Clips)?    

Funny Gestures Video (or Video Clips)?

debk2000
United States

Funny Gestures Video (or Video Clips)?

Hi everyone!

I am working on a lesson dealing with hand gestures and I wanted to show a funny video or short video clips to my students.  I have googled the internet and searched youtube, but I couldn �t find anything yet that is really appropriate for a school situation.  (I should mention I saw a few youtube videos just demonstrating the gestures, but I was hoping to find something more entertaining for the students!)

Does anyone happen to know of any funny gesture videos?  Or maybe some clips from a TV show or movie that could demonstrate them?  I would be most grateful for any help you could offer!

Thank you,

Deborah :)

28 Oct 2010      

Bruna Dutra
Brazil

Hi, Deborah.

I don �t know if I �ll be able to help with what you need, but I �ve been using Mr. Bean �s videos with my beginners, because it has very few (sometimes none) dialogues, it �s not only gestures as you need, but it �s just a tip. Wink I use them mostly to work with the present continuous, but it works fine for past simple and continuous too.

I hope someone else has other tips for you.

See you around,
Bruna.

28 Oct 2010     

debk2000
United States

Bruna,

Thank you for your suggestion!  I love using Mr. Bean as well.  I didn �t find yet in his videos the exact gestures that I wanted for the lesson, but I agree the videos are definitely very good resources!

Thank you so much for your help and I �ll try to check out some more Mr. Bean videos!

Have a good day!
Deborah :)

28 Oct 2010