Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > just a question    

just a question

lizsantiago
Puerto Rico

just a question

i keep seeing everyday more and more members using the ppt section to upload ws and flashcards. i wanted to know if there is any rule against it or if we can do it. if someone knows please let me know. i think the ppts section should be use only for ppts but if it �s allowed i would like to know since the ppts have more space in terms of kb than the ws

1 Nov 2010      

blunderbuster
Germany

I have never uploaded a ppt., still, I don �t see a reason why people shouldn �t be allowed to share their flashcards in ppt format.

Regards

1 Nov 2010     

debk2000
United States

Maybe this is obvious, but I �m a little lost.... When you download a PPT with a worksheet or flashcards, how does one go about printing it out for students?  Do you have to copy and paste to word and then adjust everything or how does it work?

Thanks for any suggestions! :)

Sorry to stray a little from the original question.  Honestly, I don�t know what to think about uploading these kinds of PPTs.

1 Nov 2010     

blunderbuster
Germany

Deb, you have printing options that let you print several slides on one page etc....

1 Nov 2010     

melahel7
Canada

Liz brings an interesting issue.  I noticed the same thing and I believe that a powerpoint should be a powerpoint.  Too many people are beginning to use this section to upload worksheets they can �t fit in a word file.  I think the new 500kb limit leaves enough room for content.  I can even upload my worksheets with the thumbnail option which takes about 100 kb. I �d like to know what Victor thinks of this.

1 Nov 2010     

libertybelle
United States

And there are lots of tutorials on how to reduce size too:

Here:

http://www.eslprintables.com/buscador/tutorials.asp

1 Nov 2010     

lizsantiago
Puerto Rico

well i donwloaded one by mistake thinking it was a ws so i had to group everything and copy/paste it in word.

1 Nov 2010     

Flora1
Brazil

Good question, this is not fair!!

1 Nov 2010     

tw_karen
Taiwan

And here I thought it was just a mistake... but the size limit does make sense.
Can we not just report it somehow?  Perhaps as being corrupt, so the person would have to re-upload it in the correct format the next day.

I also downloaded one by mistake and I spent a long time looking on the internet for how to convert it to word.  It seems we can �t just save it as another format.  The slide idea is a good idea, but then it would be a jpeg and not editable.  I never thought of the copy past method. 

My vote is to just report the worksheets so the author must re-upload using the correct format.

1 Nov 2010