Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > reported worksheets    

reported worksheets

Lina Ladybird
Germany

"...I am waiting for the moderators to let me know cos I don �t remember copying from a website..."

No moderator APART FROM VICTOR (the owner and only administrator of this website) is able to read your PMs or to help you with this, and I guess Victor is far too busy to deal with all those questions from members whose wss have been deleted for some reason. Disapprove

3 Nov 2010     

navarrovizcaino
Spain

then.. I guess I will never know what happened or what I didnt wrong because, honestly, Im absolutely lost! I will apologise for sure.. but I find it quite weird as I know the rules very well!! anyway.. let �s forget about it... i don �t want to make a big deal about it...as I don �t really download many ws.. so I don �t really need many points!! for me this site its more important for the comments you make on the different topics and your help when we need to find something or we have any problem.. than for the wss themselves!! and that.. is for free!!! :-)

3 Nov 2010     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

If , and only if, one of your printable is reported, you do get the information of what printable is being reported.
If, and only if, moderators and Victor decide to delete it / them, you are informed why.
So, This

" then.. I guess I will never know what happened or what I didnt wrong "

is wrong. You will be fairly informed, if you haven �t been yet.

Regards
Linda

3 Nov 2010     

Hazza
Australia

FOUND YOUR WORKSHEETS VERY INFORMATIVE FOR THE STUDENTS TO READ. Especially during silent reading times, as they did not feel like it was work to the interested students and they were easy to read!! Cant see why they would be considered for removal as there are many worksheets similar to yours.
I would suggest you just add another page  (or write it in your introduction to the work sheet) and write something like
     Write a summation (paragraph) using the information given on this country! OR ask students to MAKE A TABLE summarising THE KEY POINTS on this country.
Good luck

3 Nov 2010     

Errie
Japan

@Lina Ladybird,

I don �t want to be Johnny rain cloud here but,
I gues it �s time for Victor to change something and let some moderators be able to read pm �s too. This site only exist because of the generosity from all the members who put a lot of effort in making all the sheets available. No members, no wss. No wss, no esl printables. I think it �s very rude to remove sheets and don �t let the member in question know the reason why it was removed. It doesn �t happen in all cases of course but if it happens, it �s quit frustating. If Victor is too busy he should say it and don �t treat dedicated members like this.

This is not an attack on you personaly Lina but, just a thought that popped in my mind while reading your comment. Being the only administrator on a huuuuge website like this (as Victor is) makes me think.

3 Nov 2010     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Milka,
I just had a look on your profile and don �t understand one thing: you are a moderator so you can see the reason why your wss were reported on the reporting page!!! So why did you start this thread on the forum?

3 Nov 2010     

blunderbuster
Germany

Whenever I upload a text on anything, I make the text myself. Getting info is one thing, copying it is another.

Regards.

3 Nov 2010     

David Lisgo
Japan

Errie. Victor informed us that people who have their worksheets deleted do recieve a PM stating the reason why (I don �t know how long this system has been in existance). It has to be an automated message because over 50 worksheets are deleted from this site each day, so it is impossible to satisfy everyone.
Having the ability to read PMs doesn �t mean that Victor does so and I doubt very much he ever does except perhaps in extreme cases when abusive PMs are sent. To give moderators the power of reading PMs would destroy all sense of privacy. I think we could rightfully say "Get a life.", if someone was to spend all day reading PMs.

3 Nov 2010     

mariamit
Greece

I feel  terrible because I am the one that first reported your worksheets, Milka and this thread which is now causing some disagreement. I seldom report but when one of my advanced Bulgarian student gave me a list for laughs I saw it was the same as your worksheet. How can you as a teacher say there is nothing wrong. If you copy you should quote sources otherwise it is plagiarism. I �m sorry if you feel my actions were wrong but you �ve been here a long time you should now the rules by now. As to some others who seem to disagree I can only say that immoral silence is as bad as immoral action.

3 Nov 2010     

douglas
United States

I think all of�us use parts of text from the internet for our worksheets and don �t give our sources.  There is actually a specific number of words one can use without having to quote thier source.  The worksheets involved are a collection (the teacher worked and created their own result) of items from the internet.  I don �t think they fit the spirit and intent of the "no copyright material" rule.  These worksheets took much more work than putting together some flashcards or many pictionaries that I see on this site.

OBTW: this is probably a more blatant copyright infringement than what we are discussing.

Douglas

3 Nov 2010     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    Next >