Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Over 25 years old (University Entrance Exam)    

Over 25 years old (University Entrance Exam)

urpillay
Spain

Over 25 years old (University Entrance Exam)

Hello my dear friendly friends!! 

I have just started teaching a small group of students who wants to prepare the over 25 years old entrance exam. I have taken a look at the exam and it is similar to PAU. It consists of a reading text with comprehension questions, a short translation, and a "Use of English" exercise in which they have to fill-in-the gaps with one word.

What I would like to know is if any other (preferably Spanish or living in Spain) teacher here has ever prepared students for this type of test. And if you have, could you recommend me any books and tips to help them achieve their goals? What is the best way or technique to help them with the "Use of English part"?

Thanks in advance!

3 Nov 2010      

Zora
Canada

I have prepared the exam and the Galician test is, as you say, very similar to the PAU exam. In fact, I have basically treated the students as if they were Bach. students since the level is similar.

I don �t really use any books but I �ve found Burlington to be a very good publisher and I like their books. 

3 Nov 2010