Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Just a thought...    

Just a thought...

magneto
Greece

Just a thought...

To whom it may concern...

I wonder if it has ever occured to some people, that, since we don �t get points for templates, a "thank you" comment when downloading or, at least, acknowledging the author when using the template, is the author �s only reward.
Of course, many members do acknowledge the author, and it �s most fortunate that such people exist.
Others don �t do so, however, and that sucks!...It �s about common courtesy, people!
Anyway, just wanted to get this off my chest. I �ll probably remove the post in a couple of hours to leave some space for more important topics.
Cheers!

4 Nov 2010      

orisya
Ukraine

well, as for me, while loading my WSs or PowerPoints here, i accept the fact that i don �t get any reward for that, but i don �t care. I hope every person who downloaded my works found them useful, hope my tasks helped students somewhere not only in my country to master the language better. I admire this website because here people share, not buy or exchange their work. Being a teacher is the sort of job when you give and don �t expect to get back. And when you give your work, attention, care, wisdom with a sincere heart, you will surely see the fruit of your work. That �s what i strongly believe in.

All the best from Ukraine, have a great mood:)

4 Nov 2010     

magneto
Greece

Hi there!
All I �m saying is I don �t like it when people don �t show their appreciation or gratitude...it �s not as if it costs them anything...Like you said, we don �t buy or exchange our work here; we share it. So just a "thank you" will do - simply good manners.
Anyway, thanks for answering.
Have a nice daySmile

4 Nov 2010     

PhilipR
Thailand

Anyone can download my worksheets or templates. No strings attached whatsoever. No mandatory thank-yous for wss nor acknowledgements when using templates. I just think it �s not a good idea to force anyone to do anything just to stroke my ego. However, if someone now leaves a thank-you or, even better, a personalized message, it gives me even greater satisfaction.

4 Nov 2010     

magneto
Greece

It �s not mandatory - it �s just polite. I always say "thank you" and I don �t get it when others don �t... I guess I still have the delusion that, when you treat others in a certain way, the universe will somehow pay you back by having others treat you that way as well...You know, the whole "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you" .
Anyway, it �s not such a big deal...Like I said, just wanted to get it off my chest.

4 Nov 2010     

blunderbuster
Germany

It �s just like the real worl, isn �t it? I have come to a point where I don �t expect much of anyone or any situation, that is why it is quite difficult to disappoint me..... 

4 Nov 2010     

magneto
Greece

Oh, hell...It �s just like my friend says "You still believe in people, that �s why you get angry and disappointed"...I guess there is just no point. I �ll learn, eventually.
Removing post now - takes up too much forum space. Thank you all for answering.
Have a great daySmile

4 Nov 2010     

blunderbuster
Germany

Can �t remove a post once answers have been given. ;o)

I general I find that people expect too much these days, especially my students.....

4 Nov 2010     

magneto
Greece

Oh...crap!
So, rewriting post then...For others to be able to follow the conversation...Sorry, dear colleaguesEmbarrassed

4 Nov 2010     

elderberrywine
Germany

do you walk around your town / village /place trying to teach adult people manners?
looks like the best way of making oneself unhappy

saying thank you here is a matter of manners or of decency - some have them, some don �t
i have such a hard time teaching my own children and my students manners, and it seems so hopeless in the case of my students, that i give up on adults.

I walk through school on crutches at the moment, unable to carry my school bag, CD player, unable to open doors or keep them open, VEEEERY slow on stairs, sometimes quite exhausted at the end of a long corridor.

The amount of people who just squeeze themselves past me and don �t dream of opening holding a door for me or keeping it open is just incredible... that �s what they are (not) taught at home...

4 Nov 2010     

msilia
Portugal

If somebody somewhere downloads our worksheets or Powerpoints isn �t it a way of saying that they liked and appreciated our work????

4 Nov 2010     

1    2    Next >