Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > dear fans-a book for you    

dear fans-a book for you

cauffeepot
Benin

dear fans-a book for you

I found a book at Chapters called Once Upon a Time... A Cool Motorcycle Dude. I killed myself laughing trying to read it to my 2/3s for our Fairytale unit. The boys in my class were asking for this book. When does that ever happen? If you can find it, good book for boys and girls.

4 Nov 2010      

Jayho
Australia

Thanks for the suggestion CP - it sounds good Thumbs Up

4 Nov 2010     

Pinky Makus
Canada

Is this it?

http://www.amazon.ca/Once-Upon-Cool-Motorcycle-Dude/dp/0802789471

Here is the description.  It sounds really funny.

Gr. 3-5. A girl and a boy create a fairy tale in this lively picture book. The girl starts first, with a story about a princess and her eight ponies, while the boy interjects comments: "Please . . . don �t call [the pony] Buttercup." When the boy has had enough, he steps in with a sword-wielding, motorcycle-riding hero who battles a giant, while the princess is assigned the boring job of making thread. Fed up with these developments, the girl delivers the final plot twist, turning her princess into a warrior who sends the giant scurrying back to his cave. The fun in this picture book comes in the contrasting styles of the illustrations, which include contributions from Carol Heyer and Scott Goto. The girl �s story features bright colors, flowers, and long golden locks, while the boy �s story is done in the dark, taut-muscled style of comic books. Throughout, O �Malley depicts the girl and the boy^B reacting to the twists of the plot. A funny take on the age-old battle of the sexes, with an ending suited for the new millennium. Todd Morning
Copyright � American Library Association. All rights reserved

Product Description

Once upon a time there was ... a princess who loved all her beautiful ponies, a cool muscle dude who rode an awesome motorcycle. But a giant came and started stealing them! The dude came to fight the ugly, smelly giant with his mighty sword. She turned gold into thread while she cried for Buttercup, her favorite pony. And he took the princess �s gold thread for payment The end!

Wait a minute! That �s not how it ends!

Oh no?

Once upon a time there was a boy and a girl who had to tell a fairy tale to the class, but they couldn �t agree on the story. Will everyone live happily ever after?

4 Nov 2010