Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > ESL blogging    

ESL blogging

ueslteacher
Ukraine

ESL blogging

I �d like to start a blog for my ss, something like a class journal, where my ss would post about things they do every day, share their impressions about a book they read or a movie they saw, etc. Not that I haven �t searched the net and read about esl blogging, but could those of you who have tried it recommend some place in the net - a reliable "blogging provider" or whatever that one is called for me to start a blog.
Thanks in advance to anyone who will take time to write in my postHeart
Sophia

4 Nov 2010      

PhilipR
Thailand

Instead of going through the pitfalls of setting up a blog I now often use a simple online shared notepad.

You can start a shared notepad in a matter of seconds at www.titanpad.com. These public notepads are free, accessible to everyone and get a unique url assigned. Just don �t lose the web address and give it to all your students to bookmark. Changes can be changed up to 99 times if my memory serves me right.

If you do want to set up a blog, www.blogger.com is probably one of the easiest and most reliable. It�s free.

4 Nov 2010     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

Thanks, Philip! I thought that it would be better to have a closed community, i.e restricted access, so that there would be no intruders from outside to mess with my ss. Am I confusing smth? I thought a blog is that kind of a web page...
Sophia

4 Nov 2010     

PhilipR
Thailand

Sophia, the Titanpad url is 10 random characters, so nobody just stumbles upon it. Although it �s public, it �s also kinda private. Just try it and this will make more sense...

Pros: Quick and easy; zero learning involved.
Cons: Not nearly as nice and flexible as a blog. No whistles and bells, just a plain vanilla notepad. 

And yes, a blog is actually a web page. BTW, you can set up a blog as a public blog or private blog (access via password).

4 Nov 2010     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

Thanks ever so much for enlightmentHeart
Sophia

4 Nov 2010     

MrsUH
Germany

Hi Sophia,

here is a platform I can recommend.
http://edublogs.org/

I found it really useful but didn �t use it much myself because my students have lots of problems with expressing themselves in writing.

Greetings from Germany
Ursula

4 Nov 2010     

Eibe
Portugal

Hi Sophia,

Are you familiar with eTwinning?

http://www.etwinning.net

Your students might like working on a eTwinning project, and you will find good and safe tools on this platform.

Greetings from Portugal Big smile

4 Nov 2010     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

2 Ursula: thanks for the addressSmile
2 Eibe: Yes, I �ve visited their website before, but haven �t decided on launching a project yet... I think a blog is less demanding on the ss � part, as they write there at will.
Sophia

4 Nov 2010