Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > facebook, stolen contributions     

facebook, stolen contributions

Akanah
Spain

facebook, stolen contributions

There �s a way to report this facebook group and get it closed, but it must be done by the owners of the wss :

8 Nov 2010      

nasnous
Tunisia

Hi,
I think the stolen worksheets are already removed from that page but I suggest that we may probably add our names or somthing so that we can protect our work.

8 Nov 2010     

manonski (f)
Canada

Actually they are still there. Just go in the photos section of both links.
Some posts were deleted in the  English teaching and learning Facebook and the avatar was changed as well.

8 Nov 2010     

Katiana
Spain

I can �t see the worksheets in the second link but they are still there in the first one.

Have you read what they have posted in this first link:

Mahdia English Language Association We notify that the original owner of the pictures in the flashcards published in MELA Pictionary Album for Instructors is the following website:
source :
www.mes-english.com
Eslprintables has nothing to claim against MELA. We want to make it clear that we didn �t violate anybody �s rights as we didn �t steal anybody �s prope...rty!!

I have already reported them to the Facebook team and left a comment providing the links to my stolen worksheets. I hope this nightmare ends soon.
Good evening to you all.
Hugs,
Katiana

8 Nov 2010     

Katiana
Spain

At last they have been deleted in both links.
Good evening everybody.
Hugs,
Katiana

9 Nov 2010     

Lucia13
Armenia

They have cleared their site:)No stolen worksheets , no comments, nothing...:)

9 Nov 2010     

Jayho
Australia

Wow - I missed out on what �s been happening but I would like to congratulate everyone for their united vigilant effort in stamping out stealing.  In today �s world of technology, and with different rules and perceptions of what is right and what is wrong in different countries, cyber-stealing will only increase.  United efforts such as ours can help control it.

I see that Mahdia English Language Association are publicly stating that they have no link with this site and instead took their pictures from mes-english. They say We want to make it clear that we didn �t violate anybody �s rights as we didn �t steal anybody �s property!! Well, it seems they didn�t read/understand the terms of use clearly stiupulated on the mes-english site�s home page so I guess they�ll be hearing from that site veryyyy sooon.  Hopefully for them, they�ll hear before they spend money publishing  their �just announced� pictionary if they are using mes�s images.

Cheers

Jayho

9 Nov 2010     

GinaCic
Korea, South

I �ve just been looking at the site posted by Akanah  and there is a powerpoint for download that is also from here. Unfortunately I had to download one to see if it was in fact the same ......Embarrassed  sorry (didn �t know of another way)

http://www.facebook.com/Mahdia.English.Language.Association (have a look at the wall photos album then it links to their forum which is where it �s for download).

The one I have seen is Fruits by IrenFishka503 (perhaps she has given permission as I haven �t contacted her) and Katiana �s Daily Routines Pictionary is there as well .
This seems to be going on and on . I thought this had been resolved but apparently not !

9 Nov 2010     

debk2000
United States

I think this is all very sad and I feel frustrated for those whose work was stolen. :(

Now for my thoughts about reporting pages on Facebook:  Why must one be the actual copyright owner to report the page?  I mean, I don �t think someone should have to join
Facebook if they don �t want to just to protect their original copyrighted work.  Further, if I know work is stolen and can cite the source (even though I �m not the copyright owner), then why am I not allowed to report the page?  Finally, when you report the page, you must give contact information that will be available to the person you claim has stolen your work.  What if you don �t want a complete stranger knowing your personal contact info?  Perhaps Facebook �s "reasons" are to prevent Facebook from getting several reported page claims, but I still don �t think it �s right......

9 Nov 2010