Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Question    

Question

magneto
Greece

Question

Is it OK to change your username if you let people know through the forum and cafe (and include your old one in parentheses)?
I �m asking because I was thinking of changing mine to match the one I have on another website, just in case I also upload something there and somebody thinks it �s stolen.

Thanks in advance for your answersSmile

Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

14 Nov 2010      

libertybelle
United States

I know that Silke changed her name.  I don �t see a problem.
Ask Silke Ladybird.

L

14 Nov 2010     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

You can change your user name as you wish, there is no problem with that.  Wink

14 Nov 2010     

blunderbuster
Germany

I have changed my name many times ... but all the hiding was no use ;o)

14 Nov 2010     

magneto
Greece

Thank you very much, dear colleaguesSmile

I was just afraid I might be accused of causing confusion, that �s why I �ve asked.

Have a great day!

Edit: LOL, Blunderbuster!

Edit 2: Oh, well, I�ve just tried to change my username through the "Edit my account" option, and there is the note "you can�t change this" next to my username...So, no point in asking in the first placeUnhappy.
So, I�m stating this here, just in case: If you ever see a ws of mine uploaded here also uploaded here by hope82 (supposing I actually do upload something there), please do not think it�s stolen. hope82 is me.

Cheers!

14 Nov 2010     

Joeyb1
South Africa

Hello magneto AKA hope82  Wink

Thanks for informing us.  Don �t you also want to add it to your ESL page, just to be on the safe side?  Maybe mention it as a description that you also upload somewhere else as hope82.  It �s just an idea.

Enjoy your week.

Hugs
Joey

14 Nov 2010     

elderberrywine
Germany

as long as you don �t change your avatar which I have grown to love... 

14 Nov 2010     

MarionG
Netherlands

I also changed my username in the past to solve a problem with my PM. I kept the same avatar so people would still know it is me....
I also love your avatar by the way! It is probably a good idea to keep the same avatar at least for a while so people can get used to the new name...

14 Nov 2010     

Kate (kkcat)
Russian Federation

I �ve changed my name once (initially it was �kkcat � only ) but i thought it was too impersonal, so I added �Kate � to my username :)

14 Nov 2010     

coyote.chus
Spain

No, I �m afraid you can �t do that now. When you try to change your username, you get "can �t be changed".
A big hug,
Chus.

14 Nov 2010     

magneto
Greece

Thank you all for your replies, dear colleagues!

Not planning on changing my avatar Elderberrywine and Marion GWink

I think I �ll just take Joey �s advice and add that username to my profile information.

Thanks again!

Nighty-night everyone!
Hug

14 Nov 2010