Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > Motivation Self-Confidence + Hyphnosis    

Motivation Self-Confidence + Hyphnosis

moravc
Czech Republic

Motivation Self-Confidence + Hyphnosis

I wonder if any of you have ever tried any psychological methods to help you reach your goals... self motivating, programming yourself to "win", visualizing your goals, replaying the situation in your mind etc, methods of memorising big chunks...

Do you ever use any psychological, relaxation / concentration methods with your students?
Does it work well?

another thing:
Have you seen Derren Brown �s shows? I have just seen a couple of his vids and I think he is really good! He keeps tricking the mind of the audience, uses subliminal perception. He seems to influence the audience by the "extra" words, while he speaks really fast. So while listening to him you THINK he didn �t give you the "key word", but  actually he mentions something which leads you to "guess" the keyword.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oojkhlO-754&NR=1
I have just seen this vid and even though my English is not perfect I am convinced that he puts a  stress on some words or letters and guides the amputee to guess the object is "candle". He emphasised : " I CAN Do it" with has close pronunciation to "candle"... (3:40)
I also liked this interview about COLD READING and cheating psychics: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xswt8B8-UTM

I suppose many teachers are COLD READERS in a sort of way :-D and yes, we do lead our audience to see what we want them to see :-D)
so why not using the other tricks Derren Brown uses??

15 Nov 2010      

moravc
Czech Republic

Btw: In one of Derren �s shows he asks a lady to think of a country. She chooses Africa...
Ehmmm.... I suppose they both missed the Geography classes - continent x country...

15 Nov 2010