Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Do students really like wordsearches?    

Do students really like wordsearches?

roneydirt
United States

My students young and older love them especially when I add some challenges to them like only the basic definition, unscramble, fill in the sentence, identify the picture and find the words not on the word list and make a sentence out of it, or the one that seem to be a real catch for my older students "make a story".  Sometimes I will add a clause into the story like scare the teacher with a scary story for Halloween or tell me something about something you like using the vocabulary.

I do a diary writing exercise and found them using the wordsearch to create some interesting stories including the vocabulary, just a side note.

As for how often....  When it comes to worksheets change it up so it is not a normal routine.  your students are probably like the rest of ours very busy especially depending on the age group and where you are actually teaching. 

15 Nov 2010     

< Previous   1    2