Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > I did the project and it was a blessing...    

I did the project and it was a blessing...

wakebeauty
Brazil

I did the project and it was a blessing...

Hello my dear ESLp colleagues,

I was doing a project called WHERE IS THE LOVE? It has the same name of the song it was based on by the group BLACK EYED PEAS. This great song has a lof of social themes and first we reflected about them, then my students did a lof of posters and we had good discussions  about these great themes and many others that the students brought up...

Then I asked them what we could do to show our love and also do something that could change our community in some way. So they had the brilliant idea of doing a charity bazaar. So I told them about the American Garage Sale and we did the bazaar. We went to a poor community in our city, together with the Mackenzie project (Mackenzie is a Presbiteriam College that does some great social projects every year) the bazaar was a great success and all the money we got on it, we are going to donate to an orphanage.

And to culminate this project we  had a cultural quiz based on the film Slumdog Millionaire. The 5th grade students answered questions about the English culture, politics, turist attractions, etc and the 1st year ones answeded questions about the USA. It was really funny and exciting!

You can find all the project here: 
http://simpleclassroomactivities.blogspot.com/ It �s in Portuguese, but for the ones that don �t speak Portuguese, there �s a page translator there or maybe you can understand part of the project by the pics and vids! 

SO, I CAME HERE TODAY TO SAY A BIG THANK YOU TO THE COLLEAGUES WHO ANSWERED MY PREVIOUS POST ABOUT IT IN WHICH I ASKED FOR HELP AND YOU HELPED ME INDEED...

16 Nov 2010      

aliciapc
Uruguay

What a great activity for sts to learn from ! Congratulations wakebeauty!!

16 Nov 2010     

baiba
Latvia

It looks like it was a very big and time-consuming project with great outcome! Congratulations!

16 Nov 2010     

Mabdel
Morocco

For sure a lot of energy, efforts and time are invested. Congratulations and thanks for sharing such wonderful experience.

16 Nov 2010     

mariannina
Italy

Congratulations for your amazing work.

Ciao

16 Nov 2010     

anaisabel001
Spain

Congratulations for your excellent work.Thanks for sharing.  Hug

16 Nov 2010     

magneto
Greece

Thank you for sharing your experience!

16 Nov 2010     

Krocha
Brazil

Hi, Fernanda!!
Are you?
I did  one of these your activities (a dinamic) and I loved it!!!
I am your penpal at the Google�s group!
Congratulations!!! Your work  was(is) excellent!!!
Hugs,
K�tia

16 Nov 2010     

maggiejeria
Chile

Congratulation Fernando it s a great job.

16 Nov 2010     

Sharin Raj
Malaysia

Fantastic Wakebeauty! What an amazing Job! Congratulations!

17 Nov 2010     

profepaty12
Brazil

Congratulations! It is really an excellent job! Your students must love you and your creative activities! Keep on doing that! We need some good examples like that in our country!

17 Nov 2010     

1    2    Next >