Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Help search a site in Chinese, Korean or the like    

Help search a site in Chinese, Korean or the like

zailda
Brazil

Help search a site in Chinese, Korean or the like

Hi!

David Lisgo found a search from Google where we can download one of Katiana �s wss, even with her name in the properties. I managed to find the site and tried to search for more copies from her or other members but wasn �t able because besides the warning security messages my computer kept sending me, the site opens a message in Korean, Chinese or the like each time I click a link to check.

I wonder if members who understand the language could help me searching it, the site is: https://www.kpu.ac.kr

If you need more details, please send me a PM.

Thanks in advance!

19 Nov 2010      

zailda
Brazil

After hours away I returned and saw that nobody will help or give any support. I can think of some reasons:

- people are tired of the "stolen" thing.

- people only care about their own business and give a damn for other person�s problems.

- nobody able to speak the language read my post.

- nobody wants to help.

I don�t know which of the above upsets me more, and wonder if some people who are able to understand Chinese (or the language in the site) would have the same reaction if the wss uploaded on the site were theirs.

Well, as far as I know they may be, since I�m not able to search the site.

What delights me more is reading some people saying they are �against copies� and for �sharing and helping� and telling �how friendly this site used to be�.

It seems the only thing I can do is to bother Victor again, since he�s always willing to help in these matters.

BTW, if you need my help in the future, don�t hesitate to ask me, because I will do everything I can to help you.

Have a nice day!

19 Nov 2010     

Cartuxa
Portugal

There �s an english version of that site but I can �t find Katiana �s worksheets, sorry...

19 Nov 2010     

zailda
Brazil

Please, check your PM inbox!

And thanks for helping us!

19 Nov 2010     

Jayho
Australia

There �s one thing you forgot Zailida - timezone.  Korea and China share the same timezone as Australia and you posted your message while we were all sleeping (or partying � cos it was a Friday night).  Maybe you need to give it a bit longer, perhaps even �til saturday afterenoon.

You could also try PMing the top Chinese and Korean members.  They might be able to help.

Cheers

Jayho

20 Nov 2010     

Tint
South Africa

This kind of post is just the reason I stopped coming to ESLprintables. I dislike theft and copyright infringement myself, but.... some people here work and don �t have all day to spend on this site. Others, as Jayho pointed out, would have been sleeping or, in general, getting on with their lives. There is so much bickering and finger-pointing among the members of this site.

It �s one thing to get frustrated about the theft of someone �s intellectual property, but do you have to snipe at your colleagues? Why point fingers at those who have committed no crime except having a life outside of the site and your post. Everyone knows what needs to be done. It may well be that someone was out there trying to find a solution instead of sitting here griping about it.

I saw this post a little earlier and was going to stop by with a solution, but was called away by a student who needed my attention. On returning, I don �t think I want to help. I understand your frustration with the situation, but a friendlier tone would have gotten a better result.

On to the solution. I wish I had one really. I tried the site and all I get is an error. I have a suggestion though. Firefox has a very useful tool in situations like this. It �s called ImTranslator and can be found here. If you can access the site, simply highlight the text and ImTranslator will translate it for you. It works on popups too. I would have done it if the site didn �t return an error when I clicked on your link.

Edit: Ok, I have done some research. What you are looking for is this:
http://www.kpu.ac.kr/english/ The link you gave is still coming back with errors.

Good luck with catching the villains.

PS. The site is in Korean. I was going to ask a colleague to translate, but a) I don �t get the popups you �re getting (no link to that part of the site was given) and b) I won �t expose her to the atmosphere here.

20 Nov 2010     

zailda
Brazil

I was not pointing fingers at anyone, and just can�t believe that more than 300,000 people were sleeping / working at the same time. If you really think that this kind of post will make the atmosphere worse, I�m sorry but that�s the true: I sent the post many hours ago, waited during many hours, and no one answered to it.

My second post wasn�t addressed to anyone in particular, it was just the pure expression of my feelings and � again �sorry if the fact I feel that way disappoints you, but that�s the way I feel.

During the time I�ve been here I really tried to help any person who sent a thread to the forum asking for help, even if sometimes the kind of help I gave wasn�t what the person expected � my way of helping, anyway.

What I think is: it is funny that Katiana has more than 400,000 downloads, what means that at least 400,000 times people got some benefit from her work, and when a ws of hers is stolen no one seems to mind about it. And I used the verb �seem� because, of course, I can�t be sure.

Since I couldn�t search the site because my computer kept blocking it and the pop-ups kept appearing before I had the chance to choose to translate the site (my browse stopped working and my internet connection was gone for almost an hour, have no idea if it�s related with the site).

I sent Katiana and Victor PM�s as soon as I could, only Katiana has answered till now, Victor may have been working too. I don�t work on Fridays but of course I understand people have to sleep and work and don�t have all the day to spend helping the others.

And I agree with you, the atmosphere here is not friendly at all.

Thanks for the help, and sorry to disturb you,  I�ll see what can be done.

20 Nov 2010     

Tint
South Africa

Zailda, I think people care very much, but there is only so much they can do. Chances are those who visited the original post did just what I did... clicked on the link and found nothing, a blank error page. I would have followed up right away if I wasn �t called to do real life work (I �m not saying this isn �t real life, but you know what I mean).

The general consensus is, sadly, that if you don �t want something stolen on the internet, don �t post it. It all comes down to being considerate of our colleagues and our fellow man. That comes through at all levels. The problem is that the anger generated at those people often drives away those who do care and would otherwise help.

I �m off to prepare for tomorrow �s class - with legally acquired materials, of course : )  I hope the issue gets resolved. I can �t help any further, as I have yet to see the page or the popups you mentioned. Perhaps you could give a more accurate link?

20 Nov 2010     

zailda
Brazil

I didn�t post it before because I didn�t want to publicize a link for a stolen ws, but here it is:

https://www.kpu.ac.kr/club/clubboardview.do?clubid=englishcom&configfk=2523&datapkid=112&searchValue=

It�s a copy from:

http://eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=179507#thetop

If you click the right top link you�ll download the copy, even with Katiana�s name in the document properties.

20 Nov 2010     

Tint
South Africa

Ok, here �s what I got (by the way, I got an error with your latest link too - removing the �s � in �https � got me to the page):

The page belongs to Korea Polytechnic University,  KPU Square
Claimed �Author �: Cho Young Mi
There have been 9 Views to date. This part of the site has 14 members

The popup says "Please log in"

I �m not about to register to find out more and I don �t want to put the �how to register � here for the same reason as you didn �t think putting the download link was a good idea.

Interestingly, they have a link to ESLprintables:
http://www.kpu.ac.kr/club/clubboardlist.do?clubid=englishcom&configfk=2113
Submitted by Lee, Young Mee

Hope the information helps in some way.

20 Nov 2010     

zailda
Brazil

Sad news... check your PM inbox, please!

20 Nov 2010