Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > problems with format of pictures    

problems with format of pictures

Mariethe House
France

problems with format of pictures

i am having problems with resizing my photos: They are in JPG format and when I resize them with Irfanview ( which I have always done up to now), they are changed into the BMP format which is not accepted here for uploading! Any idea of what I can do and why it is happening? I had my computer serviced a few days ago...
Thank you for answering my question.

20 Nov 2010      

s.lefevre
Brazil

I use JPEG resizer v 2.1 and it works very well. You can download it, it �s free.

20 Nov 2010     

lisa.weix
Austria

Hi Mariette,
I use fotosizer - it�s free and really simple to use. You can resize the contents of a folder in one go, which I think is great, and into bmp, gif, jpg, tiff and png format. You can download it free at
http://www.fotosizer.com/Download.aspx
Hope it helps! :)
Best wishes, Elisabeth.

20 Nov 2010     

Joeyb1
South Africa

Hi there

I also use Irfanview.  When you save the picture, click save as, then make sure that the "file type" is on JPEG format and not BMP format by clicking on the small triangle just right of the file type window.  It should then save the picture as JPEG.

Good luck
Joey

20 Nov 2010     

baiba
Latvia

I do the same as Joey and I love Irfanview! You can crop pictures, resize them and save in many formats, sharpen them, add text or effects and do many more things with one editor. 

20 Nov 2010     

Mariethe House
France

Thank you Joey, Baiba,Lisa,Sylvia! You �re all ANGELS!!!Big smile

20 Nov 2010