Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Muslim holiday sentence generator    

Muslim holiday sentence generator

edrodmedina
United States

Muslim holiday sentence generator

Muslim Colleagues.. I would like to make a sentence generator in English using a Muslim holiday as a theme much as I did for Christmas. If anyone could suggest a sentence structure and vocabulary that I could use please let me know. Thank you in advance. ED

26 Nov 2010      

rommaya
Egypt

You can use Eid Al-Adha (Greater Bairam). It lasts for 4 days and it is when millions of Muslims perform Hajj (Pilgrimage). They travel to Mecca in Saudi Arabia to perform Hajj retuals. They are also required to sacrifice a sheep and to give one third if it to the poor, one third to friends and neighbors and the last third is for the person who sacrificed the sheep (this is related to the story of Ibraham and Ismail, his son. When Ibrahim was supposed to sacrifice Ismail after a vision which he saw during his sleep. God sent down a sheep to be sacrificed insted of Ismail. Thus those who are financially able are required to sacrifice a sheep every year). Aslo people are required to wear something new, it doesn �t have to be expensive or extravagant. A simple thing will do. This holiday starts with a prayer which most Muslims perform in congregation early morning of the first Eid day. So I suggest that you use words like:

perform, retuals, prayers, sacrifice, wear, expensive, donate, distribute, congregate, simple, extravagant, .

I think you can add more to that vocabulary.

Hopefully I was helpful.

Wish you a great lesson.

26 Nov 2010     

edrodmedina
United States

Thank you rommaya.

26 Nov 2010