Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Possible swapping of resources    

Possible swapping of resources

sarahgriffin
Ireland

Possible swapping of resources

Hi all

Hope you are well.

It is currently -9 degrees in Ireland!!!!!

I am writing here to tell you all of an idea I had that just might turn out to be a very good one.

Now I haven �t really thought it through and it might have terrible points to it I haven �t thought about but here it goes and hopefully there will be someone out there that can help, and you never know this may be useful for others too.

I am a Spanish teacher as well as an English teacher.

I teach young students Spanish, mainly at beginner levels.

I would love to buy some really basic books for them, like children �s books in Spanish, but the problem is that the books cost �20 each and we just don �t have the funding for them anymore.

I was wondering if there was a Spanish teacher that would be interested in the following:

A swap of resources - you ask your Spanish students to donate second hand childrens books that they no longer use to us in exchange for a donation of second hand English children �s books.

We would obviously have to post them - hopefully our schools could cover the cost - if not, it may be something we would be willing to pay ourselves, so long as it wasn �t in excess of, say �50?

It �s a chance to get something really valuable at a really cheap price and we are also recycling.

This could be a one-off swap - we could spend a month or two collecting resources and post them to one another at the end of, say, January or something.

I really hope there is someone interested in doing this - I for one think it would be a great opportunity to still give our students authentic materials despite the cutbacks in our economies.

Hoping to hear from some of you, either by PM or in a reply here!

Have a good day
Sarah

29 Nov 2010      

aliciapc
Uruguay

Just PMed you .

29 Nov 2010     

Aline37
Turkey

That �s a great idea!!!!

Unfortunately I doubt anyone would be interested in Turkish books????

I hope this works for you though, cheers.

Aline

29 Nov 2010     

CFM.maestro.ingles
Spain

Dear Sarah,

I �ve just sent a PM for you.

29 Nov 2010