Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Word of the Day (WOD)    

Word of the Day (WOD)

douglas
United States

Word of the Day (WOD)

Good Morning (evening) Colleagues,

Yesterday �s WOD was:

autotonsorialist -someone who cuts his/her own hair or who looks as if he/she cuts his/her own hair.

The new Word of the Day is:

cicisbeo

Looking forward to your wacky definitions.  Have fun, be creative, and please don �t give any dictionary (internet) definitions.

Douglas

1 Dec 2010      

anitarobi
Croatia

cicisbeo - baby talk, advanced level with front teeth coming out so everything sounds like that word

1 Dec 2010     

chud
Israel

Cicisbeo is a fairytale about Cici the witch, who kept a Beowulf as a pet - Cicisbeo.  

1 Dec 2010     

edrodmedina
United States

Hello everyone...Liza (chud) is correct in that cicisbeo has to do with Beowolf but not in the way she explained. Cicisbeo, pronounced sissy beo, is Beowolf �s long suffering and often persecuted effeminate cousin on his father �s side.

1 Dec 2010     

isabelle99
Monaco

I �ve heard about him cAuse I personAlly know his best friend: shrimp spidymAn, often bullied At school;

1 Dec 2010     

MoodyMoody
United States

Cicisbeo is obviously Cecilia �s boyfriend, since Cici is a nickname of Cecilia, and beo is an alternate spelling of beau.

(Not exactly the real definition, but very close to it, yes? I actually know this word from my extensive cheap book reading, not from looking it up. Douglas, you can probably figure out the genre.)

1 Dec 2010     

GIOVANNI
Canada

Cicibeo is what you call someone who is on the verge of becoming a sissy. 

1 Dec 2010     

moravc
Czech Republic

cicisbeo is a tailless cat called Beo with the wildest looks

1 Dec 2010