Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > WORD OF THE DAY FOR FRIDAY 3/12/2010, 2nd shift    

WORD OF THE DAY FOR FRIDAY 3/12/2010, 2nd shift

magneto
Greece

WORD OF THE DAY FOR FRIDAY 3/12/2010, 2nd shift

Hear! Hear!  Word of the day - second shift:

dapocaginous

You know the rules of the competition. Don�t look it up, don�t google it, and if you know what it means, either keep the knowledge to yourself or join in and give us the craziest and funniest meaning.  The winner is declared at midnight Spanish time.

To see previous answers, click here: http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=24767

Good luck and let the daffiest one win!

3 Dec 2010      

slkchina
China

OK, this is my first effort at trying this word game.

Dapocaginous is a word used to describe a very well dressed basketball player as in a dapper cager. Koby Bryant is the most dapocaginous player on the Laker �s team.

3 Dec 2010     

magneto
Greece

Well, then, slkchina...Welcome to the show and good luck to you!

I �ve got to warn you, though, dear colleagues: There �s going to be a small delay in announcing the winner, as I �ve got to go now and I �ll check the thread again tomorrow.
So... Go ahead and give it your best shot!

3 Dec 2010     

cauffeepot
Benin

it �s a slang term polka dancers use when they �ve imbibed too much punch at a polka party. dapocaginous-the polka (dance) and the gin are in us. Translates to: We �re of the Lawrence Welk era and we �re drunk. Ta da.

4 Dec 2010