Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Grammar and Linguistics > End of school trip? Graduate trip?    

End of school trip? Graduate trip?

Chilvis
Argentina

End of school trip? Graduate trip?

I �m not sure how to call the trip the students go to at the end of primary school and then at the end of secondary (high) school.

I don �t think it is a school trip because in many cases the school doesn �t get involve in this, it �s something the students themselves organize.

So how do you call it? I couldn �t find anything useful on the dictionaries Wacko

Thaaanks

4 Dec 2010      

ueslteacher
Ukraine

Field trip???
Sophia

5 Dec 2010     

tulpen25
Netherlands

Err, I have no idea. Student-organised trip?

5 Dec 2010     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

primary/secondary graduation trip?Smile
Sophia

5 Dec 2010     

Jayho
Australia

Hi Chilvis

Our secondary students celebrate a tradition called Schoolies week (Leavers Week).  They organise it themselves and generally just party, party, party for a whole week.  It�s every (well, many) parents nightmare and the community doesn�t like it.  It started in Queensland and because of ongoing issues the Qld gov�t has special approved activities to attract shoolies to safe/supervised activities.  We didn�t have it in my day so it is still new in my neck of the woods but it is still quite troublesome to say the least.  You can read more about it here .

We don�t have anything for primary school children though - but who knows, maybe before too long they�ll invent teens week or something like that.

Cheers

Jayho

5 Dec 2010     

pauguzman
Argentina

I say graduation trip, but it �s a literal translation 

5 Dec 2010     

Chilvis
Argentina

Ok, thank you very much for you help.Thumbs Up

So graduation trip it would be, at least for the time being...

5 Dec 2010