Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > teaching yours-mine-his-her    

teaching yours-mine-his-her

naveah
Turkey

teaching yours-mine-his-her

Dear Collegues

ı am teaching mine-yours-his-hers to my 2nd grades.Do you know any games?

Thnks

6 Dec 2010      

Isabelle74
France

Once I �ve taught them the pronouns, the next lesson, I usually go round the class and take schoolthings out of their pencil cases, as well as copybooks, books. They look at me wondering what I �m doing, I don �t say a word, or "just thank you !", "very nice, thanks !" which makes them laugh.
I put everything on my desk, and I say "I have a bad memory, what is it, and whose is it ?"
This way theu put their hands up and say, It �s an English copybook, it �s mine. Or I give it back to the wrong pupil and he says "Sorry it �s not mine, it �s hers..." Only takes about 10 minutes, but it �s good fun !
Isabelle.

6 Dec 2010     

class centre
Belarus

I do the same but with caps and hats or gloves etc. I have them put the things on and say - it �s not mine it �s his etc. Lots of laughter... and use.
We even go to the mirror and have fun using others � hats ( if they don �t mind)

6 Dec 2010     

naveah
Turkey

Thanks a lot :)

8 Dec 2010