Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Can ´t find good stuff    

Can ´t find good stuff

Jayho
Australia

My program lasts for six months and as such I usually deliver the same subject twice a year.  When I update my program I always look for new and better resources to what I used previously.  Sometimes I find something and other times I don �t and use the same as last time.  If I see lots of good stuff I download it all and save it in my TESOL folder for future reference even if I don �t use it now. 

I rarely look at the Recent Contributions and instead use the search function.  When I get the results I then further refine it to �newest first � so I am only looking at stuff since I last looked.  I also do what Almaz does and I find a lot of good stuff that way. 

There is soooo much great stuff here.  It �s been just wonderful.

Cheers

Jayho

7 Dec 2010     

GIOVANNI
Canada

When I am looking for something specific I use the search option.  I usually am able to find something that I will be able to use, or close to what I am looking for.  If I don �t I sometimes add what I will need.

I sometimes search for a specific member because I like their worksheets.  When I like a certain worksheet I make sure I write the member �s name when saving.

There are much to many worksheets and the only thing I regret is that I don �t have enough time to look at these becasue there is some really good work that is hidden in the mass of worksheets that are available.  If it were possible, it would be great to have a section where we can mention a worksheet that we really liked.  I think someone mentioned this earlier.  I am not talking about advertising our own worksheets, but worksheets that have been created by other members and that we found very useful.

7 Dec 2010     

blunderbuster
Germany

Hi,

deleting stuff that hasn �t been downloaded in a month would not work, even if we live in different hemispheres and have different curricula, some subjects tend to get taught pretty much only at the same time relative to the school year.

Also, that would be harsh and people would simply upload stuff again.....

Well, the longer one waits, the harder it becomes to master one �s mess, I guess.

7 Dec 2010     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

Isn �t that already in the rules: 
In order to save space in the web server, worksheets and powerpoints with 0 downloads after one month will be automatically removed.
A rating system? could be a good idea. But it would probably end up almost with the same results: the most downloaded wss will have the highest rating.
Sophia 

7 Dec 2010     

mish.cz
Czech Republic

If I �m searching for something specific I use the search option as Giovanni said. I know that I have to devote some time to it if I really want to find the most suitable one. And I do that. I try to insert various words and try what I get from it. What I strongly agree with is Jana �s (Moravc) idea of being able to see more than 10 previous of wss at once. It would be very useful and time saving.�

In a hurry, running to another class:-)

Have a nice day everybody,�

Mish

7 Dec 2010     

elderberrywine
Germany

Regina, you should be on your knees thanking God that you weren �t looking for a worksheet on "body parts"- have you ever noticed HOW redundant THAT category is??
For me it �s quite discouraging when so many hits come up - I waste so much time looking and checking that I might as well concoct something myself...

7 Dec 2010     

< Previous   1    2