Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > What is the massage board for?    

What is the massage board for?

sruggy
Morocco

What is the massage board for?

Hi Linda(Zora)!

Thanks so much for raising up the topic again
    As you know,different  members use the message board for different purposes.For "old" members,some of the questions askes on the board seem to be irritating. Others use it to advertise their latest worksheets.I should be fair enough to say that I wrongly used it to have people�s attention to a political issue that concerns the whole international community.
   As far as I am concerned, each time I use the message board,except when sending good wishes, I get into trouble.Yesterday I had many members on my back.
   Well,let�s say that we should reach some agreement on what to use the message board for and communicate it to Victor.
                              Have a good day!!!

7 Dec 2008      

Mietz
Germany

I agree with you as well as with zora-f.

At times I find the asking about points etc. irritating, too. It took me some time at first, but it does help, if people take some time at the beginning and carefully read and follow the things written on the site. Check links, look at threads in the forum... It saves everybody and yourselves a lot of time.
We have a saying in Germany: Who can read is clearly in an advantage. ...

Zora-f also made a great suggestion. I wonder if Victor could arrange that.
Everytime a message in the old messages is answered, it reappears on the current message board. Vickiii started a very interesting discussion about language a while ago. I didn�t answer on the board, because hardly anybody will look for it in the midst of loads of the very friendly, but space-consuming "Thank you" and "Welcome" and "Where are my points?" messages.

I totally agree with sruggy about the reaching an agreement what to use the message board for. The problem unfortunately probably will be, that people won�t read that agreement either...

7 Dec 2008     

Koenigin der Nacht
Cyprus

I think it would be highly useful if there was a search function for the topics on the message board.  It is practically impossible for people to go through all the topics in order to find answers to specific questions that they may have.  Therefore, the same questions appear over and over again.  If, however, we had a search function, things would be a lot easier and the same topics wouldn�t be repeated again and again.  (This is - at least - what happens in other forums.)

7 Dec 2008     

Damielle
Argentina

Is it possible that more than 95,000 people reached ......
an agreement??

We tend to think that by discussing the issue on the forum is enough to settle an agreement but I personally think that it is not. Only a few people participate on the forum but there are thousands that do not. I believe that  if we don�t agree with the topic of any posts, we have to be patient with the teachers who have written them because others may not agree with our own posts. I agree with all those who has said that it is very difficult to decide which topics should or should not be posted. And that�s related to the escence of freedom and sharing of this site as Tere has perfectly said.

7 Dec 2008     

GIOVANNI
Canada

Perhaps, there could be a section with ongoing discussions.  I also find that sometimes ongoing discussions are terminated because people are not aware that a discussion is taking place because it is no longer on the front board.  What a pity because many interesting things are being discussed and it seems to be that they are quickly being drowned.  I really enjoy reading other people�s comments on different methods of teaching.  I am sure Victor is more than open to any of our suggestions and if anyone comes up with anything please post it.

7 Dec 2008