Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Does anyone could help me??    

Does anyone could help me??

martinasvabova
Czech Republic

Don�t be so strict. Cs 1980 wants the book to please her students not to benefit from it. 

11 Dec 2010     

libertybelle
United States

Martina  - please read the reasons above.
We �re role models - we don �t condone stealing.

My question still stands - why can �t you use any of the wonderful materials here.
That book can �t be much better than many of the great and talented and creative worksheets you can get here for free?

11 Dec 2010     

PhilipR
Thailand

I second Libertybelle here. The mentioned book isn �t that special and the wealth of materials here is enough to teach a lifetime.

11 Dec 2010     

martinasvabova
Czech Republic

I agree with you. I only think that it isn�t necessary to treat her/him as if she/he was a criminal. That�s all. 

11 Dec 2010     

JUANBEGI
Spain

Don �t be so cruel to her. I think she has been too innocent when putting that question but I don �t really see a bad intention on her part. Don �t be so strict with rules, be a little more flexible. I am completely sure she wants to improve the teaching-learning process with her students and not to trade or gain money from it. 

11 Dec 2010     

hananeh
Iran

you know what?
I �m really eager to see that if any of you who are sticking to rules have ever ever ever broken a tiny tiny tiny rule in your entire life?!!!!!

11 Dec 2010     

Disappointed
United Kingdom

It �s quite sad to see so many people being rude on this site for no real reason whatsoever.  If someone makes a mistake with regards the rules then kindly PM them to let them know the error of their ways rather than airing their dirty laundry in public.  Two wrongs do not make one right.

Another thing, oftentimes a teacher is told which book to use and is not allowed to supplement lessons with worksheets.  That way, schools can charge more for text books, workbooks etc.  If that �s the case, then the worksheets on here would not be an option for him/her.  As such, telling them they can get a lifetime of lessons on here totally misses the point really.

One final point in passing, most teachers that do want to get pdf. copies of books usually do so to make their own lessons really professional and well run, as well as far more rewarding for their students in general.  Such a teacher is far better in my eyes than someone that just walks into a classroom totally unprepared.  Anyhow, it is the season of goodwill to all men and all that at the moment, so perhaps some of you might want to lighten up a little.  "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone" Jesus said.  There was a good reason why no one did. - Think about it!

11 Dec 2010     

donapeter
Romania

Endless talk!
One thing I need to add: the fact that there are some countries where the copyright laws are almost inexistent( this is why Prada and Gucci are affordable LOL) and some countries with  laws that helps the authors. How can we make a person from such a country understand what copyright is ? I don �t want to hurt feelings by giving examples, but if some of us can buy the lastest Blackberry half price, just the day the original Blackberry was released, how can we make them understand they shouldn �t? They should buy the original BB, because someone has that idea and worked for it? Can we?
Anyway, can we buy Prada bags from a ****** market, but we can �t use a scanned book?

I totally agree with copyright, this is why I do not use cliparts from Internet or from CDs (anymore). But I still have this problem......

11 Dec 2010     

manonski (f)
Canada

Disappointed, if you were the author of the that book? How would you feel if you wrote it to make a profit for yourself? How would you feel if someone found a way to get it for free?

Copyrights = respects for the work of someone else.

And in case you are wondering, yes I pay for my music and yes I pay for my books.

11 Dec 2010     

almaz
United Kingdom

cs1980: since we �re on the subject of honesty, can you put me out of my misery and confirm that you �re my old mucker Alberto - better known as cyan67?

11 Dec 2010     

< Previous   1    2    3    Next >