Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > UP FOR SOME HOLIDAY FUN?    

UP FOR SOME HOLIDAY FUN?

anitarobi
Croatia

UP FOR SOME HOLIDAY FUN?

How about playing another weekend game?

Regardless of your believing or not believing in SantaWink, you can join in and all you need is just a bit of good will and a sense of humour.

If you could be Santa for a year, and you decided to give out only educational gifts, especially to adults, who would you give what and for what purpose? (e.g. politicians, the papparazzi, a celebrity, your favourite most difficult student, their parents, your boss, your annoying neighbour, the wikileaks administrators, etc. ) Mind you, in the spirit of basic culture and the holiday season, we shouldn �t be insulting or hurtful!

Do let your imagination run wild and let �s have fun at the forum yet again!

Wishing everyone a pleasant December!
Anita

11 Dec 2010      

moravc
Czech Republic

I would give my neigbour the strenght to give up smoking. He is caughing his head off every  morning and I can �t stand that...

Sorry, not very funny...

11 Dec 2010     

Zora
Canada

Well, I know this sounds a bit nasty but I have a few students that, for some reason (probably because they have no interest in the world around them) think that in Canada, we only speak French!!! So I �d like a ticket for them and have them dropped off, in let �s say, The Yukon and let �s see if they can make their way back using only French!!! Wink 

11 Dec 2010     

anitarobi
Croatia

Oh Zora, that �s goooooood!

11 Dec 2010     

miss K.
Ukraine

I don �t believe in Santa but if I could I would have given some adults trips to various places so they can see that they are rather well to do, or to broaden their horizon and cultural experience, still other would travel for pleasure just because they work hard. I �d want some officials to experience life of simple people for who they make law and for minister of education try to learn in school a little bit and try to learn a language. For I could have given some unexpected surprises. I also think i would be nice to let some adults accomplish/fullfil a childhood dream or something they�really�want like speaking alanguage,�playing an�instrument, getting a dream�job or whatever good it is.

11 Dec 2010     

Larisa.
Russian Federation

Well, If I were Santa I would give and opportunity for my parents to travel the world, to visit the countries they want. I know they deserve it because they worked  really hard all their lives (and my mum is still working) and they did their best at work but they can �t afford to go on holidays abroad. Unhappy 

I would give some not very hard-working teachers  inspiration in the coming year to make their lessons interesting for children.Thumbs Up

I would make the state, students and parents  recognise and fully appriciate the work of all the hard-working and creative teachers (I �m talking about you, my dear friends :) ) Clap

I would turn some of my students into elves to help Santa in his workshop (at least for a week) and put my mind at rest. Wink

11 Dec 2010     

anitarobi
Croatia

Oh Larisa, so great.
I �d give the politicians of the world some sort of a magical cognac which really makes them work in the interest of the people who voted for them. It could have a lasting effect, or at least cause addiction, so they �d need to replenish their stocks every once in a while. Oh yes, and the profit from their buying the stuff would go to educating people all over the world... (thinking of the conditions some of you have to teach in, e. g. Lyny)...

11 Dec 2010     

GIOVANNI
Canada

If I were Santa I would make sure that every student had a good education and not drop out of school at a young age.  Many students regret their choice later in life.

I would also make sure that Santa would use a magic wand and transform negativity into positive thoughts and send each student to school with positive thinking.

I would also want to make sure that not everyone think that we are all Eskimos in Canada because some students think it is always freezing in Canada, when in fact our summers are at least 30 degrees celcius at times.

@Zora - love it!

11 Dec 2010     

manonski (f)
Canada

I would make politicians work in the same conditions they put teachers in, which means lots of expectations and very little means.

11 Dec 2010     

pilarmham
Spain

But, Manon, that is already true!: politicians create a lot of expectations which people believe but this means very little to them!

11 Dec 2010     

GIOVANNI
Canada

@Manon - Do you think they will be able to endure that for more than a week?

11 Dec 2010     

1    2    Next >