Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Stolen contributions    

Stolen contributions

blunderbuster
Germany

Stolen contributions

Ho, ho, ho, hullo, hullo,

well, it seems the topic of stolen contributions/materials has become of interest again.

I would like to say one thing about that: Very often it is not the Prada or Birkin bag itself that gives itself away as fake, quite often it is the person that wears it, the look doesn �t fit, the attitude, the pride with which the merchadise is carried. People who buy originals don �t normally wear them along with worn shoes, cheap make-up and the likes.

The same goes for some printables and that is exactly why so many stolen ws get spotted. People �s stuff is too good compared to whatever else they write....

In general, I think the Pareto principle applies here as well, about 20% of every day �s contributions are stolen, at least in part.

11 Dec 2010      

donapeter
Romania

I �ve seen here an original Prada bag in a beggar �s hand. I know it is stolen as it doesn �t fit there, but it �s quite difficult to prove it. But I will. Somehow. Wink
I know what you say Blunderbuster and...I approve this message! Thumbs Up

11 Dec 2010     

elprofe55
Argentina

@Donapeter  Shocked LOL  

My best wishes!Wink

11 Dec 2010     

mariamit
Greece

Well said, Regina! Very well said.    Clap

11 Dec 2010     

swissprof
Switzerland

You are totally right ! and in another way I am always astonished to see which worksheets  teachers can  give to their students, I would be ashamed to offer such poor work to my students, and the worst is that you can always find people ( especially in other sites) to download these worksheets, poor learners !

Just my thought when I read your post

Have a nice weekend

Nicole

11 Dec 2010     

magneto
Greece

I did see a ws today in which the text looks like it �s photocopied from an ESL book (it looks scanned and a couple of activities are given on the image of the text, and, if I �m not mistaken, there �s also a page number on the text!)...However, I don �t know the book, so I can �t report it...
Has anyone else seen the fake Birkin bag today? If you have and you know where the original can be found, please report it.

11 Dec 2010     

perma
Greece

haven �t spotted it! Can you give me a clue? Cool

11 Dec 2010     

manonski (f)
Canada

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BL2PicT9Kng

11 Dec 2010