Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > Text: What to do after comprehension check??    

Text: What to do after comprehension check??

annabelle1654
Germany

Text: What to do after comprehension check??

Hi All :)))

I �m working with Technical text, that describe projects or processes. I have my students read short texts that I have prepared and there are some comprehension questions, but I don �t know what else to do with these texts. I thought about cutting them up and having the students put them back in order. It �s difficult because these are mostly processes and not stories. I hope I �m being clear. If you have any ideas, I �d love to hear them. :))

Thanks in advance, and Happy Holidays to all my colleagues.
Belles

13 Dec 2010      

Flora1
Brazil

after the reding, you can make them produce something like another text giving their opinion about what they read or you can ask them to make a simple project about it.

13 Dec 2010     

chud
Israel

Ask them to explain their passages to  6 years olds in simple words... That �ll teach them to improvise with common vocabulary they know.

13 Dec 2010     

graca pereira
Portugal

Hi,
you can always use the "find evidence", then there �s also the "true/false" and the "matching exercise" - of course, they are not always easy to make, but they are a good way of seeing whether or not your students have understood the text: it works even with technical texts.

Hugs,
gra�a.

13 Dec 2010     

morbeyaz
Turkey

hi every body i have no points to download can you download my stupid papers to gain some points thx a lot

13 Dec 2010     

annabelle1654
Germany

Thank you!

Bless you all,

Belles

13 Dec 2010     

Amanda W
Austria

How about (i) a gap text: maybe take out some of the technical words and put them in a box and ask them to fit the right words back in.
                   (ii) ask them to find words in the text which mean the same as those on a list (you have made of synonyms)
Mandy

13 Dec 2010