Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Good and easy recipe for little ones    

Good and easy recipe for little ones

zandika
Brazil

Good and easy recipe for little ones

Hi everybody! Merry Christmas!

I need a suggestion for a cooking class. I have 3/4/5 yo ss and I need an easy and tasty recipe for my little ones. Any idea? by the way we�re on summer time and they like fruit a lot.

19 Dec 2010      

ituska
Slovakia

Hi zandika,

very easy are chocolate balls (you need only butter-biscuits, margarine, sugar and cocoa; then you roll the balls in coconut). I made it with my 3y old kids

Once I came across picture recipes for kids. Haven �t tried them yet but I think they can be great for kids

19 Dec 2010     

Emy Lee
Canada

Hey there,

I used to prepare pizza with my 5 year-old.

Very simple. All you need is a tortilla per student, tomato sauce and cheese. The rest is up to you. I used to bring all sorts of ingredients, so each student could prepare his or her own pizza: peperoni, ham, pineapple, vegetables.

The cool thing is that you can pop everything into the microwave oven. Safer, faster. My students just loved it.

Hope I could help.

19 Dec 2010     

edrodmedina
United States

While it �s not really cooking making fruit kabobs can be fun. You can work on patterns (two apples slices one mangoe slice etc.) counting and colors, following instructions etc. Ed 

19 Dec 2010     

elaura
Andorra

Hi zandika,
What about taking mandarins and dipping them into hot melted chocolate? Once you have finished dipping all of them,  put them in the freezer for a little while and they will be ready to eat. They will love them.

Laura

20 Dec 2010     

natavia
Brazil

Zandika,

I have made chocolate chip cookies with my students and they loved it. They were a bit older than yours (8-11) but it worked perfectly. You can teach the basic ingredients (sugar, brown sugar, chocolate chips,eggs) and not bother with some of them.You can  let the children pour the ingredients and stirr the dough. They will have a blast.

There is a great recipe from Nestle site.

or

They �re delicious, easy and fast.

Natavia

20 Dec 2010     

ktrob
United Kingdom

Hi!

Peppermint creams:
1 dessert spoon of peppermint essence
a few drops of food colouring
15 heaped dessert spoons of icing sugar
4 dessert spoons of condensed milk

Great for little one as there is no actual cooking involved - no hot or sharp things.  Once you have your stiff mixture then you can shape it anyway you want.  We have made peppermint mice and Christmas trees before.

Have fun,

Katie

20 Dec 2010