Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > WOD for December 25, 2010    

WOD for December 25, 2010

edrodmedina
United States

WOD for December 25, 2010

WOD for Christmas Day December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas to all!!!! I �ve been chosen the winner of the WOD and this being Christmas eve (on the east coat of the States)I didn �t get the message until kinda late so I will post a word for Christmas day. I hope that everyone is enjoying the holiday and I will light a candle for those of our loved ones that can�t be with us at this time.

The new WOD is cachinnation. I hope that everyone on this great site has an opportunity to.... well I don�t want to give  a hint as to the meaning. Remember no dictionary meanings and no googling Use your imagination and let it soar like Santa�s sleigh. Give us your best made up daffynition of cachinnation. And to all a good night.

Colleagues new to this site Please read the FAQ carefully: Article 4 Section 15 of the FAQ States that all new members of ESL Printables must participate in this game. Failure to do so will have dire consequences.  A moderator will be sent to your home and will sing  "The 12 Days of Christmas" repeatedly, off key, until you participate. Be forewarned.
Here are some of the entries so far: http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=25274

25 Dec 2010      

anitarobi
Croatia

Oh Ed, the world would be such a dreary place without people like youThumbs Up

25 Dec 2010     

MarionG
Netherlands

AAAh, you gave it away, why? You �re just testing how awake everyone is after a heavy christmas meal and the obligatory copious amounts of alcoholic beverages that accompany the meal, no?...You probably forgot that not everyone celebrates Christmas, in my little corner of the world tomorrow is just another working day for the weary...But, alas, not so weary as not to notice you gave away the answer within the presentation of the Word of the Day..

You threatened those who don �t participate in the WOD with �cachinnation �. Cunning. You threatened that someone (a moderator no less) would come and sing a terribly catchy -albeit stupid- song. There you go, the answer loud and clear...Cachination is the purposeful incantation of a catchy and preferably silly song with the intend to drive someone nuts and thereby cause him or her to do something they weren �t inclined to do before the cachinattion.

A famous example is given in the movie "Ghost � where Swayze sings "Henry the eigth" to Goldberg to make her help him... and now you,  Ed,  tried the same thing on new members.

25 Dec 2010