Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > please need a great advice     

please need a great advice

lilianrichard
Argentina

please need a great advice

Hi there, to all the teachers hope we have a great new year, I am so sorry to bother you but a person asked me to teach english to adult people with a very basic knowledge of the language, what book could i use in order to teach english and they can acquire it at least in two years, in two years they want to speak a very good english, is there any effective book course to adult people to learn english in two years???????

2 Jan 2011      

baiba
Latvia

Hello Lilian

I feel tempted to answer you.
NO book will teach anyone very good English in 2 years. It does not matter what book you use.

It �s the learner �s willingness that matters, the ability and persistence to sit long hours and learn, learn, learn. It also depends on the teacher �s methods, enthusiasm, resourcefulness......
You can use ANY book available.....

And Happy New year to you!!
Wish you success with these students!

2 Jan 2011     

MarionG
Netherlands

I completely agree with baiba. The best chance to speak English well within two years you get when you move to an English speaking country on your own.

2 Jan 2011     

moravc
Czech Republic

I second baiba...
but you might try New English File series...
Combine various sources, eslprintables worksheets and online exercises, graded readers by Cambridge, Oxford, Macmillan..., graded dvds, fun stuff - boardgames, crosswords...

2 Jan 2011