Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > teaching skills    

teaching skills

lucile
France

be happy, inspections are said to disappear in 1 or 2 years so pupils will remain the same but there shouldn �t be anybody to tell you you didn �t do the right things with your students again. Next time, forget religious analogies, some people are very concerned with it and they perhaps have never had to experience an inspection.
so stop crying, and remember "Don �t worry, be happy"!

12 Jan 2011     

yanogator
United States

When I was reading your story, I thought, "Who is Jack??????" So, I thought to the tiny bit I know about French, and figured it came from Jacques, but I believe that �s Jacob, and then I realized that the "English" equivalent of Jacob is James, and he was an apostle, so I �m OK now.

Bruce  Wacko

13 Jan 2011     

roneydirt
United States

I like this joke and have a few similar ones posted on the boardroom wall at the Jewish-Muslim-Christian Peace Coalition office I use to volunteer at in America.

A wiseman once said if you can �t find something funny by lunch, make up a joke for lunch and you will have a good day.

If we can �t make jokes about ourselves, our religion or our profession than mankind is in worst shape and doomed to death. 

This joke may use a religious leader but it is soo true about the teaching profession.

One day a teacher was teaching made up words but there was a student that could not sit still and was bouncing all around in his seat
Teacher: Johnny what is wrong?  Can �t you sit still for five minutes?
Johnny: No, I can �t.
Teacher:  Why not?
Johnny: I am about to onomatopoeias in my pants.

13 Jan 2011     

Stellam
Argentina

LOL ...  So true, dear Sylvie... Cry

13 Jan 2011     

Montypython
France

Hillarious!!!!!:)
Yons of hugs dearest Sylvie Hug

13 Jan 2011     

alex1968
Greece

How funny!!!

Sounds like one of my lessonsLOL

"Why aren �t you writing?"
"I �ve haven �t got a pen."
"Why haven �t you got a pen?" 
"I can �t find it/ I didn �t bring it to class/ It doesn �t write etc!"

It still amazes me how students can come to class without a pen/ notebook/ book etc!

Sylvie, I didn �t find your analogy to the teaching profession offensive Wink

Have a great day!

13 Jan 2011     

Lindax
Ukraine

�Forgive, O Lord, my little jokes on Thee, and I �ll forgive Thy great big joke on me.�

Robert Frost 

�Even the gods love jokes�

Plato

Thanks Sylvie, I absolutely loved the story, which, I believe,makes fun only of our teaching 

profession.

27 Jan 2011     

< Previous   1    2