Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Extra tasks for quicker students    

Extra tasks for quicker students

shirley99
Estonia

Extra tasks for quicker students

Hello Everybody!Smile

Some of my students manage to do their lesson tasks very quickly, so I have to give them extra activities. By that I mean short and fun exercises which contain jokes, word searches etc. Do you know any websites which provide these kind of printables? Extra tasks for quicker students, without having to make them on my own (because, sometimes it takes too much time)?Geek

24 Sep 2008      

carutina
Italy

try this site

you can build criss-cross, word searches, crosswords and other funny exercises in a very easy and quick way

24 Sep 2008     

Vickiii
New Zealand

Hi Shirley,
An alternative idea to worksheets.
I have a fun activity box where students can go and select their own activity to do.  Maybe some laminated match the words to their definition puzzles, and taboo cards (there is a great set on the esl site) so that the children can play together when they finish.  Some English board games (again there are great games on this website)dominoes.  Word cards so they can make poems with them.

Alternatively you could have some poem cards.  The children can select a poem out of the �poem box� which is full of verses from songs and poems you have learnt in class, also pictures of inspiring scenes, and some poem templates (I have a whole lot of these if you want me to e-mail them).  The children use the card to gt them started and write their own poem.  They can do this by hand or on the computer.  When it is to a high standard you can add their poem to the poem box to help inspire other students. 

Alternatively do the same with a story box.

I find that my students see these activities as a special treat for super students - so they are very motivated.  When i give fast students worksheets they often look on it as a punishment for working fast...

good luck
Vicki

24 Sep 2008     

shirley99
Estonia

Thank you so much Vicki! I think, I�m going to try the "Fun activity box" method as I have stored up different board- �and matching games in my computer.

I would also like to use the poems writing task works. Therefore I would be really-really happy if you could send me some templates, just to get the idea how it works�Smile

Thank you once again!

Shirley

24 Sep 2008