Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > A recommendation for an old but excellent past simple worksheet.    

A recommendation for an old but excellent past simple worksheet.

puddyd
Oman

A recommendation for an old but excellent past simple worksheet.

http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=229699#thetop

I downloaded this worksheet by aguniaa a while ago and it �s called A Murder in a Country House . 

I just wanted to tell you all about because it was amazing and you might not find it  [newbies] because it was posted in 2009. 

It kept my students engaged for the whole lesson, they worked in groups and just loved working out the murder mystery �who done it � story while practicing the past simple. They even miraculously spoke English for the whole lesson too.

It was a very satisfying lesson and it wouldn �t have been as good without the help from here.
Thanks to all who continually wow us with your hard work and contributions!!!Without them my lessons wouldn �t be as good as what they are. 
Thanks and have a gr8 evening
Rgds
Andrea ;o)
PS: Victor , how about once a week allowing  a few free [maybe 10] downloads of the older stuff so it doesn �t get forgotten , because there are some gems there that aren �t within some the new people /member �s reach ...what do you think?

19 Jan 2011      

ikebana
France

@puddyd
Thanks for the link , it really looks great ! I also agree  with your proposal .
have a nice day
IKEBANA

19 Jan 2011     

plemos
Portugal

It is indeed a great ws. Worth spending a point!!!!

19 Jan 2011     

blunderbuster
Germany

I suggested something simliar a while ago ....... 

19 Jan 2011     

Fallen Angel
Portugal

You �re right, it �s a great worksheet, so I �ve just downloaded it. In fact, this is a great site with lots of wonderful worksheets so thanks to some of you my lessons have become a lot more interesting.
Hugs from Portugal,
Cristina

19 Jan 2011