Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > word of the day game    

word of the day game

MarionG
Netherlands

word of the day game

I am sorry, it took me a while, Wow, there are so many great words around!!!
I was torn between posting a word which leads to lots of associations wich makes for easy playing or a word which is also fun to know because it might actually be useful...
I really recommend googling �unusual / weird/ interesting/ cool words � it is just incredible what you can come accross!
Ribaldry-pussilanimous-gymnobiblism....................
When I hit �dippydro � I finally realized I should be writing evaluations in stead of reading more and more fantastic words so here it goes.. the new word of the day is:

Pilgarlic

You know the rules, no looking up the word, make up a definition yourself!
Enjoy!

24 Jan 2011      

edrodmedina
United States

Those of us who are of a certain age and above develop clogged arteries and other ailments that have to do with the circulatory system. One of the remedies for the build up of cholestrol in our veins and arteries is garlic. For those who cannot not stand the taste or aftertaste of garlic there is garlic in a pill form or pilgarlic as it is commercially known.

24 Jan 2011     

douglas
United States

It �s what the Indians (Native Americans) called that funny smell the Europeans that came to settle America had. "They �re nice people Naked Branch, but their pilgarlic is hard to get past."

24 Jan 2011     

abdel
Morocco

PIL = stands for Public Image Limited.
Garlic= a plant used by ancient arabs in medecine. it �s used in cooking nowadays. it �s kinda  Bulbous herb.
so PILGARLIC may refer to those bald guys who want to be outstanding in public, either as gangsters or any other types of criminals!
hugs from here.

24 Jan 2011