Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Word of the day    

Word of the day

MapleLeaf
Canada

Word of the day

Hi! Didn �t expect to be a winner! Thank you Alex and your students! Now, I �m getting to like this game! Smile

And the next word  is MEGALOMANIACAL

Good luck!

28 Jan 2011      

pilarmham
Spain

Mega: huge
Maniac: someone who has an enormous obssession

So...

A big fat humongous... craving!

28 Jan 2011     

alexcure
Poland

Wow, what a word! ;-). My friend �s surname is Maniac, mega - would stand for very "large" or "excellent", so when he �s in his active periods of professional "maniacal" activity, but the "lo" sounds too much Italian or Spanish  and I give up with it ;-))

28 Jan 2011     

douglas
United States

A really big craze for California

Megalo-big/huge
mania- a craze
Cal - California

28 Jan 2011     

MarionG
Netherlands

Most men (at least in this part of the world) are megalomaniacal, the just need to have the biggest of everything. A big house, a big car, the biggest hotel with the biggest pool, they of course catch the biggest fish, caught the biggest burglar....only when it comes to cellphones they seem to pride themselves on having the smallest...(there they readily join the current mini-o-mania )

28 Jan 2011     

eng789
Israel

It means

megal = my gal/girlfriend
oman = my god
i = is
a= addicted to
c=cookies
a=and
l=lattes

28 Jan 2011     

douglas
United States

>>Marion--Freud would have a field day with that description you just gave.Shocked

28 Jan 2011