Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > TO MODERATORS    

TO MODERATORS

Yolandaprieto
Spain

TO MODERATORS

Dear moderators,
The first thing I saw this morning when I got up was a message from the moderators telling me that my today �s worksheet had been reported and I want to remind you that we can use selectivity readings as long as we add questions on the text which are our own, which is the case of my contribution today. I asked Victor about this question and he told me that. So, please, don �t report a worksheet which follows the rules and takes so much time to prepare and can be useful to some teachers.
Yolanda

31 Jan 2011      

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Sorry, but which contribution are you talking about? I cannot find it. Unhappy

31 Jan 2011     

Yolandaprieto
Spain

An ironical text about children �s upbringing nowadays.

Yolanda

31 Jan 2011     

pilarmham
Spain

Yolanda,

Your ws. was reported on Friday. Moderators voted it to stay and it is among today �s contributions.

31 Jan 2011     

Mabdel
Morocco

Dear Yolanda

As Maria said , Moderators voted for your worksheet to stay becuase they believe that it infringes no rule and by the way the person who reported it is not a moderator.
Wish you all the best.
Yours Mabdel.

31 Jan 2011     

Ell@
Brazil

Dear Iolanda. Unhappily that thing type happens. I already went by a similar situation.  
The person that said that my ws was not a resource esl had your canceled count, nor it is more member of this site, but nevertheless I don �t forget the embarrassment. Be not sad for that. Your work that is very good. Continue. Hugs. Ell @

31 Jan 2011     

lshorton99
China

Hi Yolanda

I �m sorry to hear that your worksheet was wrongly reported. As pretty much anyone can report a worksheet, I �m afraid it happens.

However, the title of your forum post �to moderators � is inaccurate. The message you receive when a worksheet is reported is an automated system message - it �s not sent by the moderators. You have to have over 5000 points to be a moderator but that doesn �t give you system administrator privileges!

I think that the moderating on this site is done very well - generally the worksheets that infringe the rules are removed and those which don �t, stay. Obviously it �s not perfect and there are occasional disagreements as to how a rule should be interpreted but, on the whole, it works.

I get very sad seeing a lot of posts on the forums asking why the moderators have done this, that or the other. We don �t have the power that many people think we do! All we each have is a vote - one vote - as to whether a worksheet stays or goes. Other than that we have the same right to report as anyone else on this site. I will say that I can �t remember the last time a worksheet was incorrectly reported by a moderator - most of the ones that we vote to keep on the site are those which have been reported by someone who has not been here long and is less familiar with the rules.

This has turned into a bit of a rant (which is not directed at you, Yolanda!) and I apologise! I just get tired of people asking the moderators why they have done something which they haven �t! Cut us some slack, please!

Lindsey

31 Jan 2011     

Bruna Dutra
Brazil

I believe what Yolanda meant writing a thread to moderators was more like a warning (not a complaint), to remind them - moderators - that even though an ill-advised member may report her work, she even contacted Victor to check if they are ok - which they are.

Regards,

Bruna

31 Jan 2011