Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > Vocabulary Lists    

Vocabulary Lists

Amandina
Switzerland

Vocabulary Lists

Dear Teachers
I need you advice. You all know the vocabulary lists at the end of your textsbooks. Students learn the new words with them and, at the end of each unit, we go through the list in class to make sure they understand all the words. Do you know any fun way to do that? Something that keeps them interested.
I �d really appreciate your help since I �m out of ideas. Unhappy
Cheers
Amandina

4 Feb 2011      

mahaenglish
Egypt

riddles     Big smile

4 Feb 2011     

Yolandaprieto
Spain

You can make cards with all the words and translation into your own language and ask them in turns. If they fail, they have to wait without participating until the first game is over. You can repeat it as many times as you consider necessary, asking them to pronounce the words better and better.
Hope it helps
Yolanda

4 Feb 2011     

Amandina
Switzerland

@mahaenglish: puzzles are a great idea, thanks!
@yolanda: I �ll definitely try your method. It sounds most interesting. Thanks a lot!

4 Feb 2011     

lamyaa
Egypt

amandina: i ask my students to make their own handmade dictionaries,using a note book ,someting like a phone index or so ;)

4 Feb 2011     

edrodmedina
United States

I use a board game with dice and index cards. I write a word on one side then the definition on the other. Students pick the the card and read the word, give the defintion and check the back of the card to see if they are correct, if so they get to throw the dice and move the number indicated. It can also be played by having the definitions facing up and the student has to come up with the word and then he/she checks the other side of the card. There are many suitable board games available right here.

4 Feb 2011     

Amandina
Switzerland

Thank you guys!! 

4 Feb 2011     

t.gyorgyi
Hungary

Try these:

- wordsearches
- jumbled words
- words with missing letters (vowels for example)
- memory game
- bingo
- matching exercises (picture+word; word+translation...)
- picture dictionary (if possible)

Hug
Georgiana

4 Feb 2011