Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > reporting    

reporting

stexstme
France

reporting

To whom it may concern : - & to Victor :
  • The reports will also be supervised by the administrator, who can decide to revoke the reporting privileges of anyone who reports worksheets without  justified reasons.

Just read this link, please :

• ( I think moderators here are doing a great job - & a useful one. Not every body has the time, or wishes to do so ( & thus help this community...). Every one can decide - & it �s fair. But ...Reporting out of revenge - or God knows why - maybe a game ??? - should be warned by the administrator. MHO.Sylvie
  • 8 Feb 2011      

ELOJOLIE274
    France

yes, moderators are doing a great job! they spend a lot of their time helping us and that �s only fair to help them in return: so I definitely think that people who are REGULARLY reporting ws without justified reasons must be banned from reporting or must be "punished" some other way...
    thank you Sylvie for letting us know!!!
    Elodie

8 Feb 2011     

stexstme
    France

Dear Elodie,
    Wishing you all the best for next Thursday!!! Wink 
    ...& Remember : !

8 Feb 2011     

almaz
    United Kingdom

Maybe we should be thankful for small mercies: at least they �re not thrashing out their petty quarrels here on the forum...
    ...which of course still doesn �t help those moderators who have chosen to do this necessary but thankless job.

PS I noticed that in the linked post, Michaela wrote "I am writing your names here" (cool - very �schoolmarmish �) but the post is spectacularly absent of any names. Tit-for-tat reporting is not only unnecessarily time-consuming for those who have to deal with it but also stupid, immature and more redolent of the playground than the staffroom (and yes, I know perfectly well that some teachers can be more childish than their pupils); so why can �t these clowns be named (and shamed: I �d love to see their justification appear here - "She started it!")?

8 Feb 2011     

MJ_Misa
    Czech Republic

Ouch, sorry, Almaz.

I ment "I am not writing your names". I thought it wouldn �t be nice of me to punish them on the forum (even thought they �d maybe deserve it). I also sent PMs to both of them with the link to my thread, so I hope they will get the message.Wink

Have a nice day/evening/night... everybody.
    Michaela

8 Feb 2011     

lady_gargara
    Turkey

I agree with you but I still don �t know what is wrong with some wss.

8 Feb 2011     

MJ_Misa
    Czech Republic

@lady gargara,

most of the wss are reported according to rules. They maight be copied, contain watermarked pictures, be non-esl resources... the reasons differ from ws to ws. It is not possible to give you answer here and now. Hope you will understand. Wink
    Take care, Michaela

8 Feb 2011     

lady_gargara
    Turkey

you are right dear Michaela. but I was reported as my ws is empty and it is deleted. when I look it I saw a page is empty which is not used by me only the page seems. I think that was right reupload it by deleting the empty page. are empty pages problem or not although we dıdn �t say it is 2 or more pages.

8 Feb 2011     

MJ_Misa
    Czech Republic

If the first page looks empty or corrupted in the preview, it is being reported. Even if everything is OK after downloading, no-one will download ws which looks corrupted in the preview. In that case it �s better to remove it and re-upload. Might it be your case?

8 Feb 2011     

lady_gargara
    Turkey

the empty page was second page. but I see what you mean. thanks for explanation :)

8 Feb 2011     

almaz
    United Kingdom

@lady gargara: interesting name/word play. Does the second part have something to do with Turkish history by any chance?

8 Feb 2011     

1    2    Next >