Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > THE WINNER OF THE PROVERB GAME IS MISSVERONICA    

THE WINNER OF THE PROVERB GAME IS MISSVERONICA

Yolandaprieto
Spain

THE WINNER OF THE PROVERB GAME IS MISSVERONICA

Hello everybody,

I just wanted to tell you that the winner of the proverb game is missveronica because she sent the same proverb as I sent but before, so she should continue the game, don �t you think so?
I am sorry I didn �t read all the proverbs before sending mine
Yolanda

15 Feb 2011      

almaz
United Kingdom

Yolanda, I don �t want to come across as cheeky, obtuse or whatever - perish the thought - but I shouldn �t worry too much.  I don �t think it really matters who �wins � in this so-called �game �.

There is only a limited amount of proverbs in English which might correspond to DTCF �s animated gifs and, at the end of the day, he �s really only providing  his own version of the caption contest (why?) - with the principal difference being that he is, and from the evidence so far, always will be, the sole judge, jury and executioner. Quite sad, really.

Having said that, there actually is room for people to come up with proverbs for the 21st century.

15 Feb 2011