Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > I am confused...    

I am confused...

cgato
Portugal

Kriszti69
I agree with you, the criteria isn�t always the same! But I have so many pictures stored in my computer that sometimes I can�t say the source because I don�t remember where I got them from!!!Embarrassed

A big hug!

10 Dec 2008     

Apryll12
Hungary

Ah I see... well in that case it would be difficult. Smile 

You know I feel that we always try to keep things in order here, which is right but we also make such a big business out of these things. We are not going to publish these worksheets and make money out of them, for god�s sake. We are all trying to make our work better and make sure our students can benefit from the better and better work of all of us. So all I�m trying to say is that as long as we keep that in mind, we can�t do any harm.

Have a nice evening! 

10 Dec 2008     

Vickiii
New Zealand

I never quote the source of my images.  Not even once - even when I use obviously copyrighted images like simpsons and disney. 

Copyright law says that you can use images/text  (and other stuff) for fair use.  This includes for educational purposes especially when it is �not for profit�.

now there are some times when you can not use for educational purposes. 

The first one is when you are using the image for a reason that competes with the original intent of the image.

For this reason MES-english has every right to take you to court if you use their images on your worksheets and upload them here.  Regardless of whether or not you see the warning saying that you can not do this - it is covered by law!

This is also the reason that you CANNOT scan images or copy text from an Esl book as it directly competes with the original intent of the image/text. 

I have made heaps of worksheets out of simpsons images and this is perfectly legal.  I have left the copyright (Matt Groening) on the images when they are present, and I have not used the images in any way that competes with The Simpsons show.  Therefore I am safe!

However - copyright law is very complicated.  Disney make it so.  They love to take people to court over copyright.  Disney are the reason for most copyright laws.  If you want to know more check out this hilariuos video which teaches you about copyright:

If you watch this film you will get a better understanding of your rights. 

10 Dec 2008     

manonski (f)
Canada

I choose to pay a fee to www.graphicsfactory.com. There are other websites with cliparts membership. By doing so, I can modify the pictures and use them without wondering if I�m breaking any copyright laws or stealing intellectual property. All I have to do is write down the source on my page.

10 Dec 2008     

libertybelle
United States

The site he used his images from is a royalty-free image site - but it costs to use the images!
Perhaps when you become a member at the site - the water marks disappear!
Who knows?
This is what is says at that site:

Digital Image File
This royalty-free clip art is available to download immediately after purchasing. Pay one fee and use this clip art graphic forever!

The graphics are not nice with the big X on them anyway!
L

10 Dec 2008     

mylena87
Brazil

well, i�m still confused cauze even with all this discuss i haven�t seen any answer for this: Is it allowed to put unfree pics???

10 Dec 2008     

mylena87
Brazil

ps: can i say unfree? or should i say not free?

10 Dec 2008     

Anna P
Brazil

Oh,oh.. I have just realised that I covered the water marks on a few cliparts just to make the ws look nicer!  I�ll fix that! This whole issue is so confusing that I have been drawing a ws but that is taking me ages. Maybe it will be ready next week!

For tomorrow I have uploaded a ws with 3 cliparts from a site that I have just found.  However, it is in Sweedish (I think) so I could not verify if they are really "free".  Can anyone who speaks this language check this out for me?  The site is

Thanks!

10 Dec 2008     

< Previous   1    2