Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > verbs and images to practice biography at elementary level    

verbs and images to practice biography at elementary level

yole
Spain

verbs and images to practice biography at elementary level

Hi everyone,
I teach English in an international school and I have to teach verbs related to one�s biography at basic level:
 eg I was born in Germany, I grew up in Malasia, my family and I moved to Spain two years ago, my grandfather retired a year ago,and so forth.

I have been for visuals, clip art and so forth for hours and hours, but can�t find good stuff!!! I am trying to create my own, but the images have different styles, and it looks quite awful!
Does anybody know where I can find some visuals that can be useful and appealing to 11-13 years old?
No website deals with this topic and I find it quite interesting for intermediate learners who need to give more personal information than just how old they are and where they live.

I�d appreciate any help
Thanks a million,
Yole

10 Dec 2008      

Pietro
United States

Well, maybe you can use biographies of different celebrities? I think it�s no problem to find their pics when they were small)) and it would be quite true to life.

Or you may use such character as Harry Potter. smth like:

His father�s name was James Potter, his mother�s name was Lili Potter. They were magicians. They lived in England. But they died when their son Harry was (I don�t remember his age). Harry was born in England, too, lived in London for many years, but when he was 12 he moved to Hogwards and lived there. He lived and studied there. But he visited his adopting parents in summer only.

10 Dec 2008     

Nelssa
Ukraine

Have a look:
different people... different lives... different ways of giving personal information.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4220294.stm

11 Dec 2008     

aftab57
United Kingdom

Try these links may help some.

11 Dec 2008