Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Winner of Caption 31    

Winner of Caption 31

edrodmedina
United States

Winner of Caption 31

The winner of the Caption game is Kingfant72 . You can see his caption at http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=26932   If anyone was offend by the picture I apologize. But I do find it funny. There is a saying in Spanish �Para los gustos se hicieron los colores�, which loosely translated means: to each his own or as some might say �different strokes for different folks�.

For those that mentioned what would a first timer think of the forum if they saw the picture, I ask what would a first timer say to all the bickering that sometimes goes on here? A little fun neve hurt anyone, well at least not too seriously anyway. ;-) Have a great weekend everyone!

5 Mar 2011      

imanito
Morocco

well said Ed Wink

5 Mar 2011     

almaz
United Kingdom

I second that. Tip o� the hat!

5 Mar 2011     

elderberrywine
Germany

great words, edromedina

5 Mar 2011     

ldthemagicman
United Kingdom

Dear Ed,

I agree with you entirely.

Instead of the petty bickering; the "Where are my points?"; the "Why has my Worksheet been reported?"; and similar boring Posts, we can smile at the humour of our Colleagues.

In my opinion, relaxation, fun and laughter are absolutely vital ingredients of teaching, for both children and adults.

For many Teachers, the working day is full of stress.  For me at least, to end the day by laughing at a few �silly � jokes, is a wonderful tonic, which no doctor can prescribe.

Thank you.

Les

5 Mar 2011     

tancredo
Portugal

Couldn �t agree more.
All work and no play makes Jack(?) (John?) a dull boy!

5 Mar 2011     

MapleLeaf
Canada

Ed, very nice picture! Moreover, we were ready for it. :)

5 Mar 2011     

Mariethe House
France

Ed: I so much appreciate the spirit of help, generosity, fun and humour you put on this forum. I will sound a real groupie but my day wouldn �t be complete without your daffynitions and captions! Thanks a lot for being the person you are but.... make sure I win something next time!WinkLOL

5 Mar 2011     

Catalina Sorina
Romania

Mariethe, you �ve always won our hearts!

5 Mar 2011     

Abbes_Z
Morocco

I really don �t see the point in your surprisingly unanimous-- if not delibrate-- misinterpreting of what had I said.. I �m not denying anyone �s right to have fun.. I �m asking whether it �s appropriate to post such things in the first page of this site.. Wouldn �t that be more convenient in the Caf� and leave the first page for urgent and more serious matters and issues on teaching such as asking for / providing help, etc..?
Peace!

6 Mar 2011     

Abbes_Z
Morocco

Thanks for your understanding MapleLeaf! At least someone understands what I mean.. Thumbs Up
Aren �t games, jokes-- even silly ones-- and much more fun suit the atmosphere of a Caf�? Why not use our Caf� herein?? Let �s use each thing in its appropriate place-- and so make of this site of ours a really tidy and well organised one..!
Cheers! Smile

6 Mar 2011     

1    2    Next >