Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > WOD for Saturday, March 5th: Philosophunculist     

WOD for Saturday, March 5th: Philosophunculist

Mar0919
Mexico

WOD for Saturday, March 5th: Philosophunculist

The new WOD isssssssssssssssssssss��� same rules, let �s see who comes up with the wackiest ORIGINAL daffynition!

Philosophunculist

Have fun!

5 Mar 2011      

yogiba61
Spain

Let �s start!

What about:

A Philosophunculist is somebody who studies the fundamental nature of the existance of oculists or ophthalmologists and their implication in our society.

Have a nice weekend!!!

5 Mar 2011     

edrodmedina
United States

Hello Mar. I thought we weren�t supposed to give clues as to the correct definition? As anyone can see you highlighted the word fun which is very much a part of the definition. You see I have to admit that I am a Philosophunculist. The suffix ist means doer. My  philosophy is to do things that are so phun, therefore I am a Philosophunculist.

5 Mar 2011     

Mar0919
Mexico

LOL  Ed! You scared me! Here I am, scrolling up to my post, double and triple checking to see if I had unconsciously given a clue! Theeeeeeeeeeen, I realized you were kidding! LOL!!!! I just came back from a looooooooong trip, am trying to stay awake while I pretend to start on all the work I have, so when I checked the forum to see how the game is going, and I see your post, I thought OH - OH!!! what did I do now! LOL

Let �s see some more daffynitionssssssss!

5 Mar 2011     

pilarmham
Spain

Oh, this one I can �t miss!

Philosophunculist

It derives from two very ancient words: Philosophy &  "culo" (Spanish word meaning "behind").

So... its meaning can only be "someone who bugs you front and back with weird theories about truth which are so far-fetched that no one on earth could ever stand them for a single minute".

There! I feel a lot better now...

5 Mar 2011     

Mar0919
Mexico

Pilarmham! That second ancient word!!! LOL 

5 Mar 2011     

pilarmham
Spain

Terrible, I know...

Ain �t I a horrible sinner for having one ... philosophy?

5 Mar 2011     

Mar0919
Mexico

Not a sinner....Geek just..... �human? LOL! Imagine life without one..... philosophy!

Beer 

6 Mar 2011     

pilarmham
Spain

Well, I can �t but love ... philosophy.

6 Mar 2011     

pilarmham
Spain

I have an enormous one, by the way!

6 Mar 2011     

Stellam
Argentina