Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Update sent by Alien Boy    

Update sent by Alien Boy

Mar0919
Mexico

Update sent by Alien Boy

Hello, all. Alien Boy asked me to post this update on the nuclear problem, on his behalf... he also sends a link....

"This post is by Dr Josef Oehmen, a research scientist at MIT, in Boston. He is a PhD Scientist, whose father has extensive experience in Germany�s nuclear industry. I asked him to write this information to my family in Australia, who were being made sick with worry by the media reports coming from Japan. I am republishing it with his permission."

My prayers and my heart are with the Japanese people, and those living in Japan.

14 Mar 2011      

alien boy
Japan

sad but expected news, unfortunately

if anyone wants to follow some links & updates, feel free to look me up on FaceBook. Just send me a message saying ESLP in the message.

my name�s Bryce Harris & this is my profile picture.

regards,
AB

P.S. Thanks Mar. You�re a very special lady!

14 Mar 2011     

Mar0919
Mexico

14 Mar 2011     

Errie
Japan

Hello everyone,

It �s great to read that your thoughts are in Japan. We can use it. And thnx to all of those who send me a pm. You know who you are!

I live in Fukushima and there was a second explosion about an hour ago but everything seems to be under controle. The main tank is still intact.
My family and I almost ran out of water and food. We �ve to wait in line for 3 hours to get 6ltr water. More and more shops are open but there �s hardly any food. My wife was lucky to get some eggs, a bag of rice and dipers for the little one.
Let �s hope things will be better in the next coming days.

Take care
errie

14 Mar 2011     

Mar0919
Mexico

We are praying for you, Errie, and for all Japanese people and those living in Japan. As I told Bryce, Japan is a strong country, with wonderful hardworking people. We hope with all our hearts that Japan will soon be on its feet again. The saddest part is the loss of human lives.

I wish there was more we could do than just pray. Mexico has always been a country ready to help, but I saw in the news that Japan had notified that it did not need any humanitary help yet... this was on Friday, I suppose things might have changed during the weekend. I will be alert for ways to help Japan.

Please stay safe, Errie, as well as all of our Japanese colleagues, we are with you.

14 Mar 2011     

ikebana
France

and pray . That �s all we can do for you Errie and Japanese people at the moment but we surely do it from the depths of our hearts.
Take care

IKEBANA

14 Mar 2011     

David Lisgo
Japan

Hi Errie,
Happy to know that you and your family are safe. It �s bad enough being anywhere in Japan, but hard to imagine your daily life, being right in the middle of it all.  When will you be able to start teaching again?  I know that some teachers have had their classrooms trashed and because of the condition of the roads it is difficult for students to get to class and then there is the problem with the utilities, so they are worried as to whether their businesses can survive.  Please let me know if their is anything practical that I can do to help.  I think the only way out of this is a constant and sustained effort by everyone in the country.
Regards,
David

14 Mar 2011     

Hazza
Australia

Prays are with you all in Japan from friends in Australia!
Hazza

14 Mar 2011     

corina2211
Spain

I am glad to see that some of you are all right. I hope everybody else is safe. 
I wish we could do something to help you, guys, but be reassured that all our thoughts are with you!!! 

14 Mar 2011     

douglas
United States

Thanks for the great info AB and Mar.

14 Mar 2011     

sclail
Italy

Good news, thanks for the info....my thoughts are also with Japan.  The images and videos we are seeing are so upsetting, I can �t imagine how much so for the people of Japan and those with connections.

xxx

14 Mar 2011     

1    2    Next >