Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > How to make our vocabulary and pronunciation lessons interesting?==> NEED HELP from you all.    

How to make our vocabulary and pronunciation lessons interesting?==> NEED HELP from you all.

countryman_tm
Vietnam

How to make our vocabulary and pronunciation lessons interesting?==> NEED HELP from you all.

Dear all,

I am teaching vocabulary and pronunciation this term. But most of my colleagues and students say that teaching those is hard and uninteresting. I also find the same.

Could you suggest me some interesting games or activities to teach vocabularies and pronunciation?

Thank you so much.

With love,

Hien (from Vietnam)

15 Mar 2011      

aeni
Indonesia

try the tail words game or guess who or what....when students hard to answer or guess you can add the gesture in order to make them easy to answer...or give them one word and ask them to make other words from that, as many as possible...they can open the dictionary while searching...

15 Mar 2011     

Apodo
Australia

Because one of the difficulties in pronunciation is the actual physical movement of the muscles of the mouth and tongue, we had a bit of fun talking about �tongue exercises �, then practising the sounds.
It �s quite difficult to make new sounds if you �re not sure where your tongue should be.
I made a worksheet for L & R which shows the position of the tongue. It can be found here:

15 Mar 2011     

alien boy
Japan

Nice worksheet Apodo.

I sat in on a training session for Japanese teachers who would teach English in their home country. They all used hand mirrors so they could see their tongue & lip positioning better. It was a lot of fun & really useful. If you have them available you may want to try the same thing!

15 Mar 2011