Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > Book help again please    

Book help again please

viccxx
Greece

Book help again please

Hello to all!

Can anybody suggest any good books for skills building at Proficiency level?
The problem is that I dont want a book that focuses on a specific exam, like Cambridge or Michigan, but a general skills book.
I want at least a good Speaking skills book and a Reading , Writing and Vocabulary one. Any ideas? All help will be greatly appreciated.

By the way, have I mentioned lately how fed up I am with all the "why was my worksheet reported?" and "where are my points?" questions?

I am REALLY fed up...

19 Mar 2011      

Jayho
Australia

Are you after books for teacher use or student use as in a course-type book?

I use

- Speaking Extra, Writing Extra, Readng Extra and Listening Extra
- Real Listening & Speaking Series (1-4)

Plus an assortment of other books where I use bits and pieces.  In my campus we are not allowed to use just one coursebook but must design our tertiary preparation program delivery using a  diverse range of quality resources

20 Mar 2011     

viccxx
Greece

I need them for a private lesson with a student that want s to take a Proficiency level exam in 4 months, but not Michigan or Cambridge. She is at advanced level and since we did the advanced together and I know her strengths and weaknesses I figured that a coursebook would not suit us, as we dont have time to finish it. So we will work with different skill books and my own assorted notes and worksheets. Thanks for the suggestion, I �ll go check out the books tomorrow

20 Mar 2011